'22-'23 MLB Hot Stove League(off-season dealings)

rico

36 minutes ago, rico said:

Wish I had a ballpark an hour away.

Philly is about 45 mins away as well.  But getting in/out of Philly is a pain in the balls.  I prefer to drive the extra 15 w/less stress to Baltimore.  Plus Camden > Citizens Bank. 

I'm about 2 hours from the Nationals Park and 2 hours from Yankee Stadium.   Never driven to Queens, so not certain re:New Shea. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Philly is about 45 mins away as well.  But getting in/out of Philly is a pain in the balls.  I prefer to drive the extra 15 w/less stress to Baltimore.  Plus Camden > Citizens Bank. 

I'm about 2 hours from the Nationals Park and 2 hours from Yankee Stadium.   Never driven to Queens, so not certain re:New Shea. 

I've been to Nationals Park and CB in Philly... Nationals we were staying by the Navy Yard so we walked over. Nice place to watch a game, but you better not get lost coming out...

Philly's fans live up to their obnoxious label...

And you're right... The traffic all over that part of the country sucks... I've had a chance to take a job in DC before... No way... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Pretty good analysis. Swanson certainly helps but I hope the Cubs aren't thinking their all done. If we hit on Bellinger this lineup could be good enough but if we don't we need more bats. 

Normally I would be very excited with Swanson. I think the Cubs front office, post Theo, playing monopoly in Wrigleyville vs coughing up $ for team has just worn me down. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty good analysis. Swanson certainly helps but I hope the Cubs aren't thinking their all done. If we hit on Bellinger this lineup could be good enough but if we don't we need more bats. 

Normally I would be very excited with Swanson. I think the Cubs front office, post Theo, playing monopoly in Wrigleyville vs coughing up $ for team has just worn me down. 

Seems to me the Cubs' rebuild didn't take long at all.  I expect playoff baseball in Wrigley this upcoming season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I like the author's take on Brantley and Turner... Experienced winners getting towards the end of their careers, but still pretty good hitters... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I like the author's take on Brantley and Turner... Experienced winners getting towards the end of their careers, but still pretty good hitters... 

I'd take Turner in a heartbeat.....honestly Brantley too. I'm sure by April I'll get myself up for the season but right now watching Dodgers, Padres, Phillies,etc....do their thing even after winning that should be us. Not counting pennies because of cost overruns with all of their development in Wrigleyville.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd take Turner in a heartbeat.....honestly Brantley too. I'm sure by April I'll get myself up for the season but right now watching Dodgers, Padres, Phillies,etc....do their thing even after winning that should be us. Not counting pennies because of cost overruns with all of their development in Wrigleyville.

At least the Cubs have went out and tried to sign players, try being a Reds fan. You have signed Bellinger, Swanson, Taillon

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

At least the Cubs have went out and tried to sign players, try being a Refs fan. You have signed Bellinger, Swanson, Taillon

Understand buddy. Reds have always been that way though. We had glimpses of spending and all of a sudden went coupon clipping. That's the part I can't accept. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand buddy. Reds have always been that way though. We had glimpses of spending and all of a sudden went coupon clipping. That's the part I can't accept. 

A couple of years ago the Reds went out and signed Castellanos, Moose, Shogo and Miley. The year before we traded for Bauer and now only Moose is left