'22-'23 MLB Hot Stove League(off-season dealings)

rico

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 11:19 AM, landrus13 said:

I know we have some Reds fan in here, but I was watching MLB network about a week ago and they were making some predictions for the next decade and Carlos Pena said he thinks the Reds wins the most WS in the next decade.

With the Reds young pitching and skill position talent, that would not be an outlandish statement under normal circumstances.  But, with the Reds' current ownership group, that simply won't happen.  Doubtful they even make the playoffs during that stretch.  Ownership will sell off those assets before they fully develop.  

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 4:34 PM, rico said:

Devers signs a 1-yr deal with Boston.

The Cubs and first baseman Eric Hosmer are close to a deal, reports Jon Heyman of The New York Post.

Hosmer fits the Cubs free agent model. Player that has shown glimpses and fell on a tough few years. Cubs hoping he can find his past just like with Bellinger.

He's better than what we had. I can see this lineup inching closer to .500 but that's about it. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Hosmer fits the Cubs free agent model. Player that has shown glimpses and fell on a tough few years. Cubs hoping he can find his past just like with Bellinger.

He's better than what we had. I can see this lineup inching closer to .500 but that's about it. 

I like the acquisition as well.

• Like 1