Xavier Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

Anyone else nervous about tomorrow night or is this the year we finally turn it around and win big games on the road? I’m excited to see how we respond tomorrow night. If we’re as good as most think, then we win convincingly and dominate defensively. I think the offense will take care of itself.

My prediction - Hoosiers by 12

Edited by Hoosier4Life53

14 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Anyone else nervous about tomorrow night or is the year we finally turn it around and win big games on the road? I’m excited to see how we respond tomorrow night. If we’re as good as most think, then we win convincingly and dominate defensively. I think the offense will take care of itself.

I am so scarred by the Miller years that it will take a while for me not to be nervous again. Plus it’s not like we were world beaters on the road last year either. So the answer is yes. I do think we pull a win out though. I have no idea by how much nor do I care. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Anyone else nervous about tomorrow night or is the year we finally turn it around and win big games on the road? I’m excited to see how we respond tomorrow night. If we’re as good as most think, then we win convincingly and dominate defensively. I think the offense will take care of itself.

Not nervous at all.  My mindset for the season right now is that I will be disappointed if we lose to Kansas and downright pissed off if we lose to anyone else currently on the schedule.  

We win at least 7, probably 8, spots if you did a comparison of the top 9 players from each team.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Before the season I picked this as a loss but now I think we will win the game. Always apprehensive until we see how this teams reacts to playing a quality team. I this there is a different approach to this team and think they will perform better than past teams have on the road.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not nervous at all.  My mindset for the season right now is that I will be disappointed if we lose to Kansas and downright pissed off if we lose to anyone else currently on the schedule.  

We win at least 7, probably 8, spots if you did a comparison of the top 9 players from each team.  

If we don't win by 15+, I will be disappointed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Well we haven't won a true non conference road game since I believe 2011.  I fully expect Sean to put on a clinic tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I am so scarred by the Miller years that it will take a while for me not to be nervous again. Plus it’s not like we were world beaters on the road last year either. So the answer is yes. I do think we pull a win out though. I have no idea by how much nor do I care. 

PTSD. There are a lot of us.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well we haven't won a true non conference road game since I believe 2011.  I fully expect Sean to put on a clinic tomorrow.

Are you saying our coaching staff is not capable of putting on a coaching clinic as well?  Because if you put the top 9 players from both teams on the playground and left them uncoached, ours wins easily.  

• Like 1

I think that JHS's confidence and swagger will be just as important as any tangible metric that can be compared between the two teams. His mindset and aura is palpable, and that transfers to his teammates. When facing a tough opponent in a hostile environment, that positive belief in yourself and your team is incalculable.

Winning starts with the belief that you will. He certainly has that.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Anyone else nervous about tomorrow night or is this the year we finally turn it around and win big games on the road? I’m excited to see how we respond tomorrow night. If we’re as good as most think, then we win convincingly and dominate defensively. I think the offense will take care of itself.

definitely nervous.  definitely excited.