IUWBB Post-Season Game Thread

btownqb

Can't believe they only shot 44% from the field.  I had the tv on, but was not actively watching as I did some things around the house.  But, every time I stopped to watch the action, we were draining a shot.  I must of seen all of Berger's makes and none of her misses.  i would have guessed us at 60% if you asked me without knowing the stats.  

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Can't believe they only shot 44% from the field.  I had the tv on, but was not actively watching as I did some things around the house.  But, every time I stopped to watch the action, we were draining a shot.  I must of seen all of Berger's makes and none of her misses.  i would have guessed us at 60% if you asked me without knowing the stats.  

We played at a big time pace. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

You'll love it

It was a great game. Those refs loved calling the touch fouls on IU! Anyway, team played hard and ready to play. A little too much of a quick trigger on some shots, but that’s about the only knock on their performance. Parrish played with a chip on her shoulder, and Moore was so close on almost all of her misses. A lot of in-and-outs. 

Huge win and one that will give them even more confidence!

• Like 1

• btownqb changed the title to IUWBB vs Bowling Green (continuous game thread)

I am going to attempt to just change this title of this thread for every game.... and then update the team we are playing, location, etc. with a post in this thread. We didn't have too many posts in the first game thread, so I wanted to see if maybe going this route could cut down on some clutter.... we'll see..... 

Anyways... Women's team is back home tonight. 

When: 7pm

Where: Assembly Hall

Opponent: Bowling Green

• Thanks 3

I was worried that the first year or two of Coach Moren's success here was gonna be like what has transpired in football.

Great feelings, great results...but no longevity (not trying to slam CTA at all here).

But man, looks like I was wrong. When you watch our ladies play, they play a wonderful, together style of basketball with an edge.

I am a believer. They are so easy to cheer for.

Let's crush Dakich and Meyer University tonight.  💪

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I was worried that the first year or two of Coach Moren's success here was gonna be like what has transpired in football.

Great feelings, great results...but no longevity (not trying to slam CTA at all here).

But man, looks like I was wrong. When you watch our ladies play, they play a wonderful, together style of basketball with an edge.

I am a believer. They are so easy to cheer for.

Let's crush Dakich and Meyer University tonight.  💪

I mean, I am not going to lose any sleep if Ashlynn Shade hates it at UCONN and transfers to IU!!! 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I am going to attempt to just change this title of this thread for every game.... and then update the team we are playing, location, etc. with a post in this thread. We didn't have too many posts in the first game thread, so I wanted to see if maybe going this route could cut down on some clutter.... we'll see..... 

Anyways... Women's team is back home tonight. 

When: 7pm

Where: Assembly Hall

Opponent: Bowling Green

On first blush, I wonder why not just do individual WBB game threads, just like the MBB Threads. I am not sure what problem you are trying to solve, but we can do what ever and I'll follow. But I don't see why WBB and MBB should be any different.

Either way, rock on IUWBB ! In Money Moran I trust.

• Like 1

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

On first blush, I wonder why not just do individual WBB game threads, just like the MBB Threads. I am not sure what problem you are trying to solve, but we can do what ever and I'll follow. But I don't see why WBB and MBB should be any different.

Either way, rock on IUWBB ! In Money Moran I trust.

Well... because I am not going to take the time to open a new thread each time, I will undoubtedly forget, at some point.... I also don't like the way they do Men's game threads, I see no reason for a pre, game thread, and then a post game.... but if I am not the one doing them, I am not going to complain. 

I don't like ciphering through things to get to something on a message board. If it doesn't work or is a stupid idea, we can always just make one each game. 

• Like 2