IUWBB Post-Season Game Thread

btownqb

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My bad…my only point is they could learn a lot from the women. 

I dont know if there is much the men can learn from the women (in basketball), even conceptually. The game is completely different... speed, reaction times, length, the spaces are narrower, the margin of error is much less. You can almost every time throw it over the top, in men basketball that doesnt happen often. The teams are different personnel wise. The womens team looks like they have positions 1-4 can help break the press because they are decent enough ball handlers.

The men have JHS. I get nervous with TG breaking the press. at times we had TG and TB breaking the press. The men just dont have the personnel.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I dont know if there is much the men can learn from the women (in basketball), even conceptually. The game is completely different... speed, reaction times, length, the spaces are narrower, the margin of error is much less. You can almost every time throw it over the top, in men basketball that doesnt happen often. The teams are different personnel wise. The womens team looks like they have positions 1-4 can help break the press because they are decent enough ball handlers.

The men have JHS. I get nervous with TG breaking the press. at times we had TG and TB breaking the press. The men just dont have the personnel.

The women regularly run practice, plays, sets and scrimmages with a men’s student practice team. I’m sure most women’s teams do that. Heck our girls HS bb team does it too. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Or.. we could just use more elite players like the women. That would be my preference. 

Agree but I wouldn’t say the women have a glut of highly ranked players. They’ve developed them. Hard to argue the men don’t have their share of top recruits. I love what the women have done. Created a real culture of winning and development. Also gone out and found winners in high school and brought them in. Love Teri. My sisters even got my mom to go the game last night. She loved it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

I am aware. I was on the women's practice squad in college and we would whoop them. 

But that goes to my point, what works in girls bball doesnt necessarily work in boys, and vise versa. Its a completely different game. 

Apologies I didn’t not mean to bring a men’s/women’s discussion into this. I don’t want to derail what was a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed and so did my mom. Great night!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Apologies I didn’t not mean to bring a men’s/women’s discussion into this. I don’t want to derail what was a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed and so did my mom. Great night!

Its a conversation thread for people to bring their opinions and have a friendly discussion, even though sometimes the friendly goes out the window lol. Great game. Great win. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

So much agree.

Now..as someone that has coached young kids before... I think our womens team has more teachable moments for young kids than the guys games. 

I think the men's and women's games are completely different.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

She is going to be a beast by her senior year. Already so good. She is exactly what the men's team could have used this year (long, athletic, deadly from 3, but can also attack the rim).

Yes, it‘s hard to believe she’s a freshman b/c she seems so poised. 

• Like 1

• btownqb changed the title to IUWBB vs Rutgers (continuous game thread)