CFB Playoff

landrus13

I know IU isn't gonna be a playoff team this year. Or make a bowl game. But I'm curious to see what everyone's CFB playoff rankings are. We get the third set of rankings tomorrow night. And we can have some CFB playoff talk in here too. Some predictions and whatever else you can think of.

My rankings for this week;

1. Georgia

2. Ohio State

3. Michigan

4. Tennessee

5. TCU

6. LSU

10 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

I know IU isn't gonna be a playoff team this year. Or make a bowl game. But I'm curious to see what everyone's CFB playoff rankings are. We get the third set of rankings tomorrow night. And we can have some CFB playoff talk in here too. Some predictions and whatever else you can think of.

My rankings for this week;

1. Georgia

2. Ohio State

3. Michigan

4. Tennessee

5. TCU

6. LSU

Reverse TCU and Tennessee and I'd concur. If TCU wins out, they deserve to be in. Biggest battle will be loser of OSU/Mich vs Tennessee for 4th spot in my opinion. 

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

Reverse TCU and Tennessee and I'd concur. If TCU wins out, they deserve to be in. Biggest battle will be loser of OSU/Mich vs Tennessee for 4th spot in my opinion. 

I mean, if we go on strength of victories..... Tennessee will be ahead of UM, fairly substantially, won't they? UT will have 2 wins better than UMs best one. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

UGA won by 14 at home in a game they were favored by 10. I would hardly call that getting destroyed. Michigan has played no one. 

That game wasn't that close, and Georgia completely controlled the game. Hooker was neutralized. And the LSU win looks better today than the team Tennessee beat at the time. PSU is a solid win; ask Auburn.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That game wasn't that close, and Georgia completely controlled the game. Hooker was neutralized. And the LSU win looks better today than the team Tennessee beat at the time. PSU is a solid win; ask Auburn.

Auburn sucks. And yeah PSU is a solid win, it's just not @LSU or Bama. Tennessee beat LSU as bad as Michigan beat Penn State, but Tennessee was on the road. 

It took Michigan 3Qs to pull away from Indiana... Michigan couldn't thump average Iowa, couldn't thump below average Maryland, Rutgers made it a game for 2.5Qs for Michigan. Tennessee's SOS is Top 5 btw. 

I think the talk i keep hearing about LSU possibly moving past UT if they win out is asinine. UT destroyed them in death valley. No way you could put them over UT if head to head really matters like they say. I think this committee has been a bit all over the place. They had TCU at 7 the first time behind a 1 loss Alabama. Then the next week they put TCU over Tennessee who has much better wins and a better resume overall. If they weren't good enough to be ahead of Alabama the week prior, why are they ahead of Tennessee the next? Sounds like the committee let the outside noise influence their rankings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Auburn sucks. And yeah PSU is a solid win, it's just not @LSU or Bama. Tennessee beat LSU as bad as Michigan beat Penn State, but Tennessee was on the road. 

It took Michigan 3Qs to pull away from Indiana... Michigan couldn't thump average Iowa, couldn't thump below average Maryland, Rutgers made it a game for 2.5Qs for Michigan. Tennessee's SOS is Top 5 btw. 

No arguing SOS. Think TCU slips up and two 1 loss teams get in anyway. Guess we'll see.

On a side note, Bama is a Quinn Ewers injury away from 3 losses. The natives are restless, and I'm loving it. Cheered hard for your Volunteers in that one!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

UT's schedule is better than Michigan's.

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If they win out they would have beaten UCLA, Notre Dame, and whoever comes from the North. Their only loss would have been on the road by 1 point to Utah

UCLA who just lost to Arizona? And ND who's already lost to Stanford and Marshall. That's not as good of a win as the rankings say. 

39 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

This is not just a Tennessee discussion. If OSU beats Michigan, how could UM go before USC? How is LSU ahead of them? 
Winning the conference should matter. 

I think the framework of his argument is... if UGA, OSU, and TCU win out.... who is the 4th team... 

I see what you're saying about it's not necessarily a Tennessee discussion. 

• Thanks 1