Xavier Game Thread

Inequality

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

XJ is solid.  we obviously need him, but... just too many things adding up.  part of the Windy City group.  his reckless driving.  many issues on court last year with opponents.  dumb tech there.  horrible tech call?  absolutely.  same guy doing dumb stuff though?  yep.

Ummm, he and TJD are the only reason we are even close. But, ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

There was never an appropriate time to call it because he didn’t foul him.

I mean some of y’all said we should adjust to how the games being called in regard to X, but if that’s how it’s being called we should’ve shot 25 free throws that half. 

That technical foul was ridiculous bullshit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

are we really gonna blame the officials for every loss this year again?

You know I agree with you on that, but that T on X was a joke and embarrassing from an official’s standpoint. But I expect nothing else from Scirotto? or whatever his name is. He’s terrible, but thinks he’s God’s gift to officiating. 

• Like 1

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

Could be but the officiating has been kinda sus so far today

Right, but some folks seem to think we just should ignore that completely in game threads. I don't get it, they're 1/3 of the parties involved in the game, they absolutely factor into outcomes. 

Xavier has done some good things and deserves to be right in the game. Indiana has done some good things and deserves to be right in the game. The officials... they've kinda sucked today and deserve to be told as much. 

• Like 2

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

You know I agree with you on that, but that T on X was a joke and embarrassing from an official’s standpoint. But I expect nothing else from Scirotto? or whatever his name is. He’s terrible, but thinks he’s God’s gift to officiating. 

agreed for sure.  horrible call.  it's just strange that our fan base complains about officiating literally every game.  okay.  i get it.  i think officials are terrible too.  why blame it on them every game.  they really go into each game with a plan to screw IU?  

• Like 1

Defense HAS to be better especially on the perimeter. Perimeter shooting has to improve if we’re going to win. I’m a little disappointed with the play, but it’s the first tough road game and we’re down two at the half. I’ll be extremely disappointed if the second half isn’t much better. Xavier has to be deflated by only being up two with the way we played, which was pretty mediocre IMO.

• Like 2