Miami Post Game

Inequality

Good game overall, expected a slower start with the Xavier game a couple days before. Glad to see the guys get some more run that don’t see as many minutes.

In regard to Bates, I think he will be just fine. It can be difficult to get an offensive rhythm going when you don’t get up a lot of shots or a lot of run. I’m excited for what he can bring because you can tell he’s a really good player. For Gunn, his ranking, IMO, was impacted by his knee injury in high school. Kid’s tall, athletic, good instincts, and can score the ball. Future is very bright, even next year with what we are losing.

I thought Bates looked better and more under control. Only one forced shot early in the clock, which Race hammered down on the put back. He squared up his shot more even if he didn't get the best results. He guarded well. The only issue from last night was his lack of interest in rebounding. When shots go up he's a spectator. At his size he could help on the glass.

Gunn is fun to watch. No fear. He has that twitchy, helter skelter movement going on similar to Galloway. 

Geronimo was swatting anything that moved. He brings the energy.

JHS still taking too many early shot attempts without moving the ball, but he does so many things well to make the team better. I like his defensive effort but he has to stop leading with his face. He's going to be missing multiple chiclets if he's not careful.

Everyone contributed and played hard. Nice start to the season. Go Hoosiers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Pure optics, dude looks like a 25 year old man with crazy athleticism.

Already has very nice shooting mechanics. I have imagine his improvement will be pretty darn rapid.

Blue, I really like 6'7/6'8 long FR that are athletic with good shooting form. We need more of those! 

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Pure optics, dude looks like a 25 year old man with crazy athleticism.

Already has very nice shooting mechanics. I have imagine his improvement will be pretty darn rapid.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Blue, I really like 6'7/6'8 long FR that are athletic with good shooting form. We need more of those! 

In per 40 minutes, he's a regular Wilt Chamberlain! 

48 points 8 boards 5 assists! 😁

• Like 1