Well… it is Bucket week!

8 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

I think we will cover the spread and make a game of it. 

I don’t think it will be particularly close. Purdue has everything to play for. The other thing is we can’t generate a pass rush and Purdue will pick us apart with a veteran qb. I think it’s over half way through the 3rd.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think it will be particularly close. Purdue has everything to play for. The other thing is we can’t generate a pass rush and Purdue will pick us apart with a veteran qb. I think it’s over half way through the 3rd.

Been the story of an underwhelming season defensively - cannot complement run stopping, pass coverage with any modicum of consistent pressure. Now, manufacture it either schematically and/or through the emotions of a rivalry game, and you have a chance to compete. But it's akin to hoping for a minor miracle. 

Offensively, Lucas has to get consistent chances, and STs don't count, as that goes without saying. But it's hard to expect this side of the ball to put up a ton of points. Williams is the best bet for a variety of reasons, but the pass game with hims remains a struggle bus and the o-line is what it is.

I'm hoping for 2 ST TDs, two missed FGs by the Boilers, and at least one DW big play TD, and 4+ sacks. If all that happens, we'll be in a position to win.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Been the story of an underwhelming season defensively - cannot complement run stopping, pass coverage with any modicum of consistent pressure. Now, manufacture it either schematically and/or through the emotions of a rivalry game, and you have a chance to compete. But it's akin to hoping for a minor miracle. 

Offensively, Lucas has to get consistent chances, and STs don't count, as that goes without saying. But it's hard to expect this side of the ball to put up a ton of points. Williams is the best bet for a variety of reasons, but the pass game with hims remains a struggle bus and the o-line is what it is.

I'm hoping for 2 ST TDs, two missed FGs by the Boilers, and at least one DW big play TD, and 4+ sacks. If all that happens, we'll be in a position to win.   

Not hoping for much huh lol. The path for victory for IU is akin to drawing a straight flush…Purdue has just much more paths to victory in this game…much more room for error. I’m not saying it will be 56-10 or anything but I do see a 3 score game and comfortable win for Purdue.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not hoping for much huh lol. The path for victory for IU is akin to drawing a straight flush…Purdue has just much more paths to victory in this game…much more room for error. I’m not saying it will be 56-10 or anything but I do see a 3 score game and comfortable win for Purdue.

Hey, when your best scoring threat is your kick return unit, you definitely have no margin for error.