Jackson State Post Game Thread

KDB

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Eh I don't agree and it has little to do with JG, but we saw what can happen in the Xavier game. TJD is going to play ~35 minutes in big games, which means if you give Race and Malik ~22-23 each there is literally nothing there for Geronimo. 

Obviously that won't play out exactly like that, and certainly more games than not JG is going to get 15-20, but it won't shock me at all if in a lot of our big games JG gets his first sub in and unless he does something we can't keep off of the floor that's all he gets. He just has 3 really good players in front of him and we only have 80 minutes to distribute between 4 guys. 

Why would we play TJD 35+ minutes when we don't have to?  Yes, there will be games this season where he needs to play that much.  But, there will be more games than not where it isn't necessary.  Going back to the '92-'93 team.  If the depth on that team was good enough that Cheaney didn't need to play 35 minutes a game, why would we force it on TJD when the depth on this team affords us the luxury of giving him extra rest that could be critical come tournament time.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There's just so much other s*** we could talk about in these post game threads and not absolutely meaningless discussions about rotations. 

Agreed. 

We could talk about our help defense and getting better with our weak side rotatio....oh crap, sorry.

Hood Schifino's shooting woes.  Is it his release point or the rotation of the...damnit.

Never mind me, I'll just go over to the baseball board and talk about the pitching rotation.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Relevance for our team? 

In the one game against good competition and on the road our bench guys didn't play well. In tight games against good to great competition I want the best players on the court as much as possible. I hope guys like Bates and Geronimo play better against the better teams but if they don't I don't want them to play big minutes.

Edited by IU Scott

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

In the one game against good competition and on the road our bench guys didn't play well. In tight games against good to great competition I want the best players on the court as much as possible. I hope guys like Bates and Geronimo play better against the better teams but if they don't I don't want them to play big minutes.

They didnt. And you're talking about a game that happened 8 days ago? 

Edited by btownqb

Just now, btownqb said:

Theres nothing to agree on. We are playing 9 dudes a night. 

I guess where I disagree is that I don't see a problem playing guys 32-35 mpg.  I just don't get why today's great athletes have to be babied and say they shouldn't play huge minutes. I have seen it my whole life in college basketball where players played well despite playing 32+ mpg.  I wod think most people want their best players on the court for most of the game.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess where I disagree is that I don't see a problem playing guys 32-35 mpg.  I just don't get why today's great athletes have to be babied and say they shouldn't play huge minutes. I have seen it my whole life in college basketball where players played well despite playing 32+ mpg.  I wod think most people want their best players on the court for most of the game.

Do you want TJD to play 32 minutes a game against the Jackson States on our schedule?   

• Like 2

So here's the problem per Strengthfinders :)  

@IU Scott relies (as I do) context...

2 Context
This one’s about looking back and learning from the past to better understand the future.

You @btownqbseem to be more 

21 Competition

People with this skill constantly compare their performance with others’ – and that’s what drives them forward to achieve even more.

I don't think any of the 3 of us have 

25 Woo

People with skill thrive on meeting new people and winning them over to their cause 

There! Solved!

And all before lunch!

:D 

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I've never said I dont want TJD playing 32-35mpg against the better teams. He does that now. 

So.. still, what is your point? 

The bold is funny.