IU football program going forward.

IU Scott

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

But, he's a shell of what he was before the injury.

…..that may be, …… Let me put it this way. He had a devastating, dislocating knee injury which looked very grim. He had surgery, recovery, rehab and IS playing again IN the NFL as QB…. My point is, his surgery was successful and was still able to resume a career as a QB in the NFL. It could have been career ending, but was blessed to play again and still make millions. I would imagine Teddy was happy that God blessed him the ability to play again….not, that he was/is a shell of his former self. JMHO. 🤓

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

New bodies on the OL? I don't necessarily agree with that. 

Bedford comes back. Sales, Benson, Carter Smith, and Moore all young guys.. fairly highly ranked and guys they like. 

Carp, Katic, and Weaver at least have a lot of experience. 

Perfectly stated.  I would add Lynch to the list. Allen sang his praises in one of his pressers.  

There are some other guys who will compete (like Fiacable, Knight, Murphy).  Maybe not great athletes but tough guys.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 5:25 PM, rogue3542 said:

The O-line looked a lot better the last couple games.  If we can retain Carey, I think we'll be good there.

I'll feel good if we can find a dual threat qb in the portal (or two) and keep most of our players on offense, especially Lucas and Camper.

Real question, and I openly admit am no football coach:  Did the line get better or did it look better because we had a mobile qb until he got hurt?  It would be nice to know what some of you are seeing can be aligned with coaching and not a change in offense with the QB change.

9 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Real question, and I openly admit am no football coach:  Did the line get better or did it look better because we had a mobile qb until he got hurt?  It would be nice to know what some of you are seeing can be aligned with coaching and not a change in offense with the QB change.

100% it was better. Benson and Sales were a lot better the 2nd half of the year. 

I do not believe it had a ton to do with coaching, though, some sure... I believe those two getting consistent reps/learning... the whole offense being more accustomed to Walt Bell, and then yeah, Dexters legs. 

I would also mention... it's not an either or thing. Like the OL didn't JUST look better because of Dexter. Simply cannot be the case. We got real movement between the B gaps vs. MSU+Purdue... heck we even ran the ball decent vs. Purdue when CB came in the game. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

100% it was better. Benson and Sales were a lot better the 2nd half of the year. 

I do not believe it had a ton to do with coaching, though, some sure... I believe those two getting consistent reps/learning... the whole offense being more accustomed to Walt Bell, and then yeah, Dexters legs. 

I would also mention... it's not an either or thing. Like the OL didn't JUST look better because of Dexter. Simply cannot be the case. We got real movement between the B gaps vs. MSU+Purdue... heck we even ran the ball decent vs. Purdue when CB came in the game. 

• Like 2

Just now, rogue3542 said:

If I, as a fan, had my pick of o-line coach from any other big ten school without knowing their individual resumes, Wisconsin and Iowa would be the first two schools I looked at - Wisconsin in particular.

I agree....I jus wondered what everyone else thought. This hire tells me that Allen is definitely not leaving, especially the upcoming season.....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Surprised me as well.  CTA needs to give him a call.

The only way these QBs are going take a look at us, is if the O-line staff and player are addressed and upgraded….. The new O-line Coach hire is a great start. You can be considered an awesome QB, but you can only go as far as your O-line let’s you

56 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

The only way these QBs are going take a look at us, is if the O-line staff and player are addressed and upgraded….. The new O-line Coach hire is a great start. You can be considered an awesome QB, but you can only go as far as your O-line let’s you

CTA still needs to make that phone call.