Transfer Portal

DC2345

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I wanted Carson Steele when he was at Center Grove. 

Wonder if we can get in on him?  Impressive stats for sure.  

https://clutchpoints.com/ball-state-football-news-carson-steele-shocking-transfer-portal-move?amp=1

Man, Center Grove has produced an insane amount of talent in recent years.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I know he's injury prone but having another pass catcher leaving is pretty telling. Oh well. Long offseason of portal hunting. The kid from Elkhart just left Penn St. Maybe he wants a new home?

Barner was paid for the NIL shit too. I don't have any thing for the transfers. Dont let the door hit you on the way out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

There are some QB’s out there in the portal. Jacolby Criswell from UNC, Nick Evers from Oklahoma, more coming.   Hopefully Bell and Allen connect with one.  There is a great opportunity to play at IU at a big time level.   I think we will be after a guy who can throw but also run off the edge.   

What QB would want to come here and be running for their life on every play. Don't see one. A QB can't make it though a season here without a trip in an ambulance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

What QB would want to come here and be running for their life on every play. Don't see one. A QB can't make it though a season here without a trip in an ambulance.

Well IU has a real OL coach now and there is some talent in the room it just needs coaching and development.The OL isn’t a complete lost cause at the moment. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Well IU has a real OL coach now and there is some talent in the room it just needs coaching and development.The OL isn’t a complete lost cause at the moment. 

I'll wait until its proven before I get excited. I know his background but I'm not so sure about what he has to work with as you are.

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I could be wrong but I’m expecting Dasan to enter the portal here rather soon. 

Really hate to see that but it is not a surprise. I say we probably will lose a lot of our last two classes. I think Dolson should have but the bullet and let Allen go this year. Keeping him a couple more years will cost us more than firing right now. Two more years like the last two will kill the recruiting and deplete the roster more than it already is 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Really hate to see that but it is not a surprise. I say we probably will lose a lot of our last two classes. I think Dolson should have but the bullet and let Allen go this year. Keeping him a couple more years will cost us more than firing right now. Two more years like the last two will kill the recruiting and deplete the roster more than it already is 

IU won’t eat the buyout. W VA, who cares a lot more about football, just retained a coach they really wanted to fire, rather than pay $17M

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

IU won’t eat the buyout. W VA, who cares a lot more about football, just retained a coach they really wanted to fire, rather than pay $17M

The thing is that it is not like we would have to write a check for 25 million the day we fired him. It was be distributed over time

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The next coach is going be building from the ground up. It'll likely look like the football equivalent of Crean's first year if not worse. 

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

The next coach is going be building from the ground up. It'll likely look like the football equivalent of Crean's first year if not worse. 

If it is inevitable that he is will be gone, just rip the bandaide off now.  If we are in that bad of a situation you won't get any legitimate coach to come here.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If it is inevitable that he is will be gone, just rip the bandaide off now.  If we are in that bad of a situation you won't get any legitimate coach to come here.

I agree but I just don't think they'll make a change at this point. If they were going to it would already have been done.