Transfer Portal

DC2345

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

This next couple of years could be like the Dinardo years where he barely had 60 scholarship players.

Is there a limit on how many players we can bring in. I know there is like 25 freshman you can bring in but is there a limit on transfers.

BIg Jerry had 35 scholly players in year 1. 0-11. This is our future under Tom Allen.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I can’t remember the names, but watching the Mich / Purdue game how many Transfers Purdue had! 
So it sounds like we will has an opportunity to re build though the portal. If we can get good players. 

Nobody of any quality is coming to IU right now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I can’t remember the names, but watching the Mich / Purdue game how many Transfers Purdue had! 
So it sounds like we will has an opportunity to re build though the portal. If we can get good players. 

The most interesting part was that their QB, leading rusher and leading receiver were all former walk-ons

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The most interesting part was that their QB, leading rusher and leading receiver were all former walk-ons

Well, with the way things are going, we could be forced to play walk-ons next season.  So, an appearance in the Big Ten Championship game should be just around the corner.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

We can look at the transfer portal and see who we think would be good here at IU but what good player will decide to come here.  With how many players we will lose to the portal and the uncertainty around the coach, no one thay is worth getting will come.

I'm going to try my best to put on my IU colored glasses right now but still tons of kids who leave P5 programs because sitting on the bench and they want to play. Guys like Shaun Shivers come to mind. Not looking good but we've got 60 days to signing day and I expect at least a dozen or so incoming players via portal.

• Like 2

I am not normally a doom and gloom person, but it's hard to shrug off how many players are abandoning ship -- key players with upside, players that provide depth...

With such a mass exodus, it now becomes a job to fill positions rather than find curated players that fit schemes. Make no mistake, if there isn't a panic now, there will be, and it will manifest in taking those players who just want to play, rather than the right players who will elevate the program. That's the difference between success and failure in college football.

• Like 4

Unfortunately right now, money is going to have to be a big part of the conversation to pull some of these players to IU. I hate to even speak these words. I want kids to play for Indiana University and the coaches....... That is still true for the big successful schools, but when you struggle, money now becomes a bigger chess piece.... sad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Two dual-purpose quarterbacks in the portal. KId from Vanderbilt who was a 3 star recruit, and a kid from Georgia Tech, who was 4-star

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Add Austin Reed from WKU who lit us up. He's one of the best I watched this year. Of course he might not fit our scheme/line.

IU QBs don't survive the season.

• Like 1