UNC Postgame Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I was going to post Freddie's tweet! I loved it. 

he said---- "every team need a Trey Galloway"

Watched the game this morning and haven't read anyone else's comments.  Here's my take:

1. That was undoubtedly the most complete game we've played inseveral years.  The players played hard, pretty smart and disciplined and showed poise & confidence.

2.  That was a 20-point win.  Officials called it in UNC's favor almost all night, but especially in the first half.  I'm pretty sure if you examinethe refs luggage you'd find all three brought Carolina blue kneepads.  Also, the beefy b10 ref that looks like a cop (Larry Serrano?) stinks.

3. I know if it's not broke, don't try to fix it, but Galloway >> Kopp.

4. Our defense was a thing of beauty.

5. JHS picked a good night to shine again.  Perhaps he's a PTP'er?

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Watched the game this morning and haven't read anyone else's comments.  Here's my take:

1. That was undoubtedly the most complete game we've played inseveral years.  The players played hard, pretty smart and disciplined and showed poise & confidence.

2.  That was a 20-point win.  Officials called it in UNC's favor almost all night, but especially in the first half.  I'm pretty sure if you examinethe refs luggage you'd find all three brought Carolina blue kneepads.  Also, the beefy b10 ref that looks like a cop (Larry Serrano?) stinks.

Also, and this sounds crazy, but XJ turned in a “quiet” 20/8/4 performance. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I thought JHS actually played his best game of the year so far. He looked like a seasoned player and was definitely up to the challenge as well. IMO, Leaky did nothing to slow him down. As a matter of fact, if I'm JHS, I'm pumped because they put their best defender on me!

After he nailed that 3 when Trimble left him for a dig/double team on TJD, did you catch him "consoling" Trimble on the way back up the court? I'm sure he was saying something like "It's OK man. I would have done the same to Leaky" 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I agree! That is why he played 23 mins to Kopps 17! 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I fully admit that I complain about officiating a lot. The officiating has a direct impact on these games. 

With that said, my complaints usually aren't that IU isn't fouling, my big complaint is that it's not being called evenly on both ends. 

We had over 50 paint points last night and dominated inside, yet until UNC was fouling on purpose we hadn't taken a single 2nd half free throw. 

I don't think the game was being called evenly on both ends. 

I’m convinced if your playing aggressive defense and not fouling a little…..turn it up to 11

not sure UNC played enough defense inside to foul 

to me the biggest change for you guys over CAM is defensive pressure & intensity 

• Like 2

Was finally able to watch the game. We DOMINATED them. No question or argument. Bacot knew he was in trouble early, so the shoulder grabbing excuse. Without the refs that was a 25-30pt beatdown. They literally never had a chance. 

TJD, JHS, and XJ were amazing this game, but Trey was just relentless on both ends. 

This team feels like the IU teams of old when I always expected a win every single game. You just go out there and dominate the other team and walk away with a dub.

THAT is IU basketball. 

• Like 4