Rutgers Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Race, TJD, X....all haven't shown up. Hope someone reminds them at half what their record is vs Rutgers.

Yea man, I mean show up with a chip on your freaking shoulder. It’s embarrassing to see the effort against a subpar team over the past couple years. This isn’t the look of a group of prideful guys who have a score to settle. I don’t mind losing when you play hard & smart and it’s just not your night. This, so far, isn’t even close. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What I said in pregame thread is playing out. Need X to keep his cool. He looks sped up and not in a good way. My bigger issues are with TJD and Race not X though. We just look frantic and rattled. Not a veteran team move.

Something is wrong with Race because he has been missing on action all year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

What I said in pregame thread is playing out. Need X to keep his cool. He looks sped up and not in a good way. My bigger issues are with TJD and Race not X though. We just look frantic and rattled. Not a veteran team move.

In his mild defense, I’d freak the ef out too if everyone on my team not named Kopp was playing like absolute booty cheeks on both sides of the ball. X can hold it together when the rest of the team does their jobs but he goes into survival mode when everything falls apart. Unfortunately, he’s not MJ or Kobe and it doesn’t yield results. 

• Like 3

Sitting here at the game and these fans feel that this is their championship. rightly so, playing #10 I suppose. 

Im tired of watching free throws doink short due to not bending knees. I’m tired of watching everyone stand around the perimeter while TJD gets hammered down low. Move for gosh sakes. Make something happen!!!  Most of all I’m tired of these annoying-ass fans. lol. 

Woody better make some adjustments!!!!

Let’s go Hoosiers!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, KDB said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Gunn out there at some point. Plays good defense and can knock down shots. We need someone else to hit jumpshots other than Miller Kopp.

Same. See if Kaleb can come in and crash the boards and get some put backs as well. Sometimes guys need a reset. I’ve never understood playing guys who couldn’t be playing worse when you have potential on the bench. Put em in, if it doesn’t work, put the starters back in. Hopefully being a spectator lights a fire in them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Sitting here at the game and these fans feel that this is their championship. rightly so, playing #10 I suppose. 

Im tired of watching free throws doink short due to not bending knees. I’m tired of watching everyone stand around the perimeter while TJD gets hammered down low. Move for gosh sakes. Make something happen!!!  Most of all I’m tired of these annoying-ass fans. lol. 

Woody better make some adjustments!!!!

Let’s go Hoosiers!!!!!!!!!

Throw a beer on the annoying fans. Take your shirt off, run on the court, flip the bird, go home.

That salvages a bad day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Not really, just want a special year 😔. I’m logging out of this thread, before I embarrass myself even more

So if we lose this one single game we can't have a special season.  Unless you thought we were going undefeated and winning the national championship, yes you will be miserable 

• Thanks 1

Think we might be missing some of JHS calmness today.

Otherwise and I absolutely hate what I'm getting ready to post. 87 at Northwestern. Knight ripped the leadership on the team even in victory...specifically Alford. Hey TJD/Race and the other vets....time for you to show up the next 20. 

• Like 3

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

I get that. But we are preseason favorites in our conference opener.

You would at least expect better effort and energy in the opener.

I get that.  And, I think we will see a totally different team in the second half.  It may not be enough, but the effort will be there.

That said, as posters, we need to differentiate between critical analysis and uncontrolled hysteria.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So if we lose this one single game we can't have a special season.  Unless you thought we were going undefeated and winning the national championship, yes you will be miserable 

We will eventually lose at some point, just want to get this RU bug off first 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Think we might be missing some of JHS calmness today.

Otherwise and I absolutely hate what I'm getting ready to post. 87 at Northwestern. Knight ripped the leadership on the team even in victory...specifically Alford. Hey TJD/Race and the other vets....time for you to show up the next 20. 

We can all learn from the 1980's.

• Like 1