Nebraska Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

It'll be interesting to see how Coach Woodson figures out the matchups...

The only certainty in my mind is TJD on Derrick Walker...

Griesel is a big (6'6) point guard, who isn't that skilled of a ball handler and can be forced into turnovers. XJ drew Caleb McConnell a lot vs Rutgers, so Woody doesn't seem concerned with XJ giving away a few inches, and I think XJ is our best at pressuring the ball.

3 of their backcourt players/wings (Griesel, Gary, and Bandoumel) average 6 boards per game, so I'm guessing Race on Gary, and Trey/JHS on Bandoumel. That'd leave Kopp on Wilcher.

Hopefully Trayce has a big game, our defense creates turnovers and transition buckets and we play with the intensity we did against UNC... 

With the depth and experience this team has, winning at home won’t get much easier. Especially when speaking of Nebraska, Rutgers, Northwestern etc.

4 of the current starting 5 have what 4-5 years college level, D1 experience each. The sole freshman starter shows more upside than all of them.

Im still baffled at how they lost to Rutgers after that team had lost two of their top scorers in Baker and Harper Jr.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Inequality said:

With the depth and experience this team has, winning at home won’t get much easier. Especially when speaking of Nebraska, Rutgers, Northwestern etc.

4 of the current starting 5 have what 4-5 years college level, D1 experience each. The sole freshman starter shows more upside than all of them.

Im still baffled at how they lost to Rutgers after that team had lost two of their top scorers in Baker and Harper Jr.

I have questioned how our "veterans" have handled adversity in the past.  They showed me a spark in the BTT last year and I had hoped it would have instilled a "killer instinct."  The loss at Rutgers showed me we aren't there yet.

• Like 5

I may be speaking for most of us here,.... correct me if I'm wrong, but after that performance against Rutgers was very discouraging moving forward. It's the "getting absolutely thumped by an unranked team" that's most disheartening. I know Rutgers is a VERY tough place to win, but getting waxed was a shocker. I wasn't even able to watch the game, but I kept checking the score and wondering why we were not going ahead. It brings back painful memories of various years past when we would win a big game then get drubbed the next game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I may be speaking for most of us here,.... correct me if I'm wrong, but after that performance against Rutgers was very discouraging moving forward. It's the "getting absolutely thumped by an unranked team" that's most disheartening. I know Rutgers is a VERY tough place to win, but getting waxed was a shocker. I wasn't even able to watch the game, but I kept checking the score and wondering why we were not going ahead. It brings back painful memories of various years past when we would win a big game then get drubbed the next game. 

39-1, here we come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

If it helps: Rutgers is unranked in the AP, but they're also 31 on KenPom, 32 on Torvik. If you remove preseason inputs on Torvik, Rutgers moves to 22. I'd like it too if we were more competitive, but every team will have a road loss to a team of that caliber on their resume by season's end. Most already do.

• Like 3