Nebraska Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

17 minutes ago, DWB said:

I wouldn't say we're "soft" (and I don't think  you are either), they just didn't show up for a team & game that should've had them pissed off for the past 3 years.

It'll be interesting tonite to see how the team, and the crowd react. I will, no doubt, be rooting for them, and cheering them on. 

I don't think that's USUALLY their nature, but I guess I am alleging that they went mentally "soft" at a time they needed to be balls-to-the-wall.  They are capable of playing like killers, which makes the last quarter of the Rutgers game so frustrating.  It's just hard to believe that they didn't leave anything on the table there.  If I had all the answers, I still wouldn't be a coach.  There are just too many things outside of your control and I'm sure it's frustrating for Woody to watch his team get pushed around in winning time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just because you lose doesn't mean a team mailed it in. Even how bad we played we were still up 37-35 with 12 minutes to go. Also we were making a little run and could have cut the lead to 6 but Rutgers wasn't called for a foul when TJD was attacked  on that layup attempt

And then we got a foul on the other end. 

I think Woody gets on the refs plenty but if there was a time for a T that may have been it. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

And then we got a foul on the other end. 

I think Woody gets on the refs plenty but if there was a time for a T that may have been it. 

Yeah, I can't put it all on the team.  There was some definite momentum-stealing home cookin' going on there as well.  If you want to be at the top level, though...you have to find a way to rise above that.

• Like 1

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I can't put it all on the team.  There was some definite momentum-stealing home cookin' going on there as well.  If you want to be at the top level, though...you have to find a way to rise above that.

100%.

I can live with the missed shots, that happens, my biggest complaint is the rebounding. That was the thing we could control the most and we didn’t get it done.