DD Show

Did anyone hear the DD show the day after the NC win? He said Woody is just getting started making IU great again and that Woody told 4 GREAT players no that wanted to transfer to IU because Woody wanted to be loyal to the guys on the end of the bench already here. Dan said that wouldn't be the case going forward. Mentioned Duncomb, said if you think he is a player think again. Said IU is the best team in the country but wouldn't go unbeaten. I found that interesting and he basically said his source with telling another story.

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Did anyone hear the DD show the day after the NC win? He said Woody is just getting started making IU great again and that Woody told 4 GREAT players no that wanted to transfer to IU because Woody wanted to be loyal to the guys on the end of the bench already here. Dan said that wouldn't be the case going forward. Mentioned Duncomb, said if you think he is a player think again. Said IU is the best team in the country but wouldn't go unbeaten. I found that interesting and he basically said his source with telling another story.

I heard that two players wanted to transfer to IU. I understand not forcing people out if they don't want to leave.

• Like 1

Lots of unknowns.  What positions?  Would it hurt recruiting?  Were they areas of need? 

But if one was a shooter, we should have taken him.

IU really needs a Connor Essegian (Indiana kid, now a freshman at Wisconsin).  Fearless.  Shooting 50% from three and 100% free throws for the season so far.  Averaging 10 points per game.

If HE wants to transfer to IU, we should send a private jet to bring him home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madison22 said:

Lots of unknowns.  What positions?  Would it hurt recruiting?  Were they areas of need? 

But if one was a shooter, we should have taken him.

IU really needs a Connor Essegian (Indiana kid, now a freshman at Wisconsin).  Fearless.  Shooting 50% from three and 100% free throws for the season so far.  Averaging 10 points per game.

If HE wants to transfer to IU, we should send a private jet to bring him home.

Pretty much the same stats as Miller Kopp 9 pts, 53% from 3 and 100% free throw 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I heard that two players wanted to transfer to IU. I understand not forcing people out if they don't want to leave.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

It sounds like your 2nd sentence wont be the case going forward.

I used to be opposed to “Creaning”, but the world has changed. With the transfer portal, players are only committed to the program on a year to year basis, so it should apply in reverse. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

When I heard him say this on the radio show he said two players and not four 

Yeah it was a couple of weeks ago he said two guys wanted to play for CMW.  I hope he hits the portal hard after this year. I have nearly zero expectations for Bates and I don't think Galloway will ever be much of a shooter so get a couple of guys that will upgrade the offense. I hope Banks and Gunn will grow into that type of player in time.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Yeah it was a couple of weeks ago he said two guys wanted to play for CMW.  I hope he hits the portal hard after this year. I have nearly zero expectations for Bates and I don't think Galloway will ever be much of a shooter so get a couple of guys that will upgrade the offense. I hope Banks and Gunn will grow into that type of player in time.

I was really expecting to see big growth from Bates this year and actually thought Banks would be a contributor this year. I thought those two would definitely be startets next year and o go with Reneau and JHS. I also thought by next year Geronimo would be a starter but we have no idea k owing that next year.

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I used to be opposed to “Creaning”, but the world has changed. With the transfer portal, players are only committed to the program on a year to year basis, so it should apply in reverse. 

I'm good with it, as long as there is transparency.

The Wisconsin women's volleyball team is the defending national champion.  Ten Sweet-16s in a row.  Multiple Final Fours.  Currently ranked #2 or #3 in the nation. 

The coach tells every player that it's his job to recruit the best every year.  It's the player's job to work hard enough play or start.  There is no such thing as being "recruited over."  He addresses that early, in front of the parents.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Someone else I talked to said the 4 stayed at their schools and didn't transfer and thats why names aren't out there. For what its worth.

Interesting.  I had heard one actually did transfer.  But it doesn't matter now, and I applaud Woody for his decision(s).

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

My guess would be that guy from Wichita State because he stayed uncommitted for a while - all the way up to when TJD announced he’s staying. But I’m not sure I would consider him GREAT. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

D1 basketball is big business 

I don’t have a problem with a coach telling a player your not going to play much…MP does it all the time.  You might look elsewhere or redshirt 

As long as it’s honest & open.  With NIL & portal everyone has options 

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

What was the source?

And what is wrong with Duncomb?

Edited by BeerBQ

I respect honoring commitments. And that should be a two way street. I don't know what the deal is with LD, but Woodson said earlier that he thought he should put in more work. If he doesn't, I could see him being somewhere else next season. I also feel like Jordan is playing for his spot on the roster. We need more from him to be a great team. I like everyone we have and want them all to succeed, but we will only move up in college basketball by continually adding better players. It's a develop and get better or be replaced world now.

2 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

What was the source?

And what is wrong with Duncomb?

DD was referencing some blogger saying something about Duncomb being a sleeper this year and Dan said that was ridiculous because LD wouldn't get playing time ahead of TJD, Race, Malik, and JG. It's in the Dakich show link somewhere around the 2:30:00 mark. Dan's job is  talking for something like 5 hours a day and he says a lot of stuff.