DD Show

I have no idea what happened.  I’d suspect he was warned not to do something and they axed him.  Griner is an athlete so the topic has relevance but I don’t know beyond that.  But, my point is I doubt it was one comment.  It was probably a pattern with warnings.  

Either way, he will have an audience somewhere.  None of this is meant to be a defense of DD but more just trying to make sense of the situation.  

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

He was going on about Brittany Griner, saying that while he applauded her release, not getting the Marine they still have along with Griner for "one of the most dangerous men on the planet" was weakness on "our corrupt president's part"  (his words, not mine). Also said we (US voters) chose "weak and corrupt" over " strong and corrupt" but went on to say he wasn't a " Trump guy."

That's about the time the sheep hook came out...

AgedPiercingBandicoot-max-1mb.gif.bd6dd8554908eed0d6ae26e14b2091ad.gif

He is right except for the part about letting her go. She broke the law in their country. if they didnt want a killer from us, she would still be there.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I have no idea what happened.  I’d suspect he was warned not to do something and they axed him.  Griner is an athlete so the topic has relevance but I don’t know beyond that.  But, my point is I doubt it was one comment.  It was probably a pattern with warnings.  

He broke the Coach Knight zero tolerance policy.

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

He is right except for the part about letting her go. She broke the law in their country. if they didnt want a killer from us, she would still be there.

The justice system in Russia is the exact opposite as here. The burden of proof is on the defendant!

32 minutes ago, rico said:

Then tell us what you heard.

It was just his normal show and had a guess or two.  He started out talking about Griner's release and saying he glad she got out but was upset that they they were not able to get the marine out. Thought Binden is weak and corrupt and shouldn't have given into Putin and let the murder go

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Either way, he will have an audience somewhere.  None of this is meant to be a defense of DD but more just trying to make sense of the situation.  

I mean there is definitely a pattern with him. He’s been suspended previously and ESPN fired him, so it’s not like he was innocent until this point. 

• Like 1

I don't always agree with DD and don't like how he bashes everyone but I still lime having a local show to listen to. To me he has been better lately and actually have agreed with what he has been saying about the Colts.  He has been pretty positive about IU basketball this year.

Since I am in my car most of the day on my job I listen to mainly spirys talk. 107.5 from 7-10 is local but 10-12 they have Greenie and don't care for his show. 12-3 was DD and 3:6 was JMV. What I hope doesn't happen is that from 12-3 they just will put on some ESPN national show.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

I don't always agree with DD and don't like how he bashes everyone but I still lime having a local show to listen to. To me he has been better lately and actually have agreed with what he has been saying about the Colts.  He has been pretty positive about IU basketball this year.

Since I am in my car most of the day on my job I listen to mainly spirys talk. 107.5 from 7-10 is local but 10-12 they have Greenie and don't care for his show. 12-3 was DD and 3:6 was JMV. What I hope doesn't happen is that from 12-3 they just will put on some ESPN national show.

They will and they’ll spew even more politics, but it will be the correct type of politics for mainstream media. 👍

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

They will and they’ll spew even more politics, but it will be the correct type of politics for mainstream media. 👍

Don't care about politics and that isn't the reason I don't care for ESPN shows. They are loud mouths who only want to argue and most have no clue about sports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Boomer Esiason said the same thing on air, 

“I’m telling you, more people feel that way than don’t," Esiason said on the "Boomer & Gio" show Thursday morning. "I can tell you that right now. I know that we’re all happy that Brittney’s home, like we said earlier on. But when you think about the magnitude of what we traded to get back a WNBA professional athlete, and left a Marine sitting there, whose family has been trying for years to get him out of there with nothing, nothing from the U.S. government."

It’s not an even swap. It’s not," he argued. "We all know what happened to Brittney should have never happened.

"We look so pathetic. And listening to our president talk about this is such a pathetic feeling. I want to be happy, but I can’t be.

"You got a guy who had a 25-year sentence, accused by the UN of getting involved in civil wars in Africa and killing millions of people, and you traded him for a WNBA superstar? Okay."

Esiason’s co-host, Gregg Gionnatti, added, "You just gave up the Merchant of Death, for Chrissakes. You couldn’t get back two people?"

I'm not gonna cry over Dakich getting fired.  That was a long time coming and ratings had to be the only thing saving his bacon, BUT...

1.  He's not wrong about this prisoner swap stuff.  Esiason probably said it better but that was absolutely pathetic.

2.  As much as I don't like Dakich, the dancing on his grave stuff looks pathetic and makes me hate Doyel every bit as much as I hate Dakich.  Those two D-Bags should be in a cage match.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm not gonna cry over Dakich getting fired.  That was a long time coming and ratings had to be the only thing saving his bacon, BUT...

1.  He's not wrong about this prisoner swap stuff.  Esiason probably said it better but that was absolutely pathetic.

2.  As much as I don't like Dakich, the dancing on his grave stuff looks pathetic and makes me hate Doyel every bit as much as I hate Dakich.  Those two D-Bags should be in a cage match.

If his BG stance is what got him fired... thats pathetic on their part.  And I even can't stand DD. 

Doyel, Kravitz can't stand them.  Matt Gelensk can join the group too. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DWB said:

Either way,  the good news is that he's gone from public airwaves.

A podcast/streaming show, no matter how you slice it, ain't remotely the same.

(general comment) Dakich is a jerk for sure, but now Doyel looks even worse if this narrative holds.  It's pathetic to let your hate for the subject destroy your reporting competence.

...and you may well be right about the relative audience size of the podcast vs. legacy radio but it feels like the two platforms are trending in the opposite direction.  The youngsters I work with are all about podcasts.

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and you may well be right about the relative audience size of the podcast vs. legacy radio but it feels like the two platforms are trending in the opposite direction.  The youngsters I work with are all about podcasts.

What  the hell do they know? I worked with a bunch of Gen z'ers a few months ago and most of them thought Etherium was a blue chip stock. 

:rollinglaugh:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DWB said:

What  the hell do they know? I worked with a bunch of Gen z'ers a few months ago and most of them thought Etherium was a blue chip stock. 

:rollinglaugh:

I've done my best to caution people I care about on crypto.  That's the true wild west of investing.

Personally, I am looking into podcasts at teh ripe old age of 57.  There's something to be said for being able to listen to what I want, when I want, so despite their youthful exuberance, I kinda get it.