Nebraska Post Game Thread

KDB

Amazing how much better we look when shots are falling.

tough night for X. Couple of tough calls, but didn’t have it tonight. 

Trey and Tamar looked great. Need those shots to fall and they each looked good facilitating when X was out of the game. 

Tjd was great. Really solid team effort tonight after that hot pile of garbage last game. 

• Like 1

Really good win and think Nebraska will be better this year.  Have to give credit to Galloway and Bates for their play and they play so much better at home.  Got another good game from Kopp and what a great triple double by TJD. 

We need to start getting more from XJ and Race and JG. It appears now that Reneau is having trouble with the better competition.

We definitely look different without JHS and will need him on Saturday.

• Like 1

If there is one thing I can't stand about college basketball, it's how the refs just hunt charges to call. It's ridiculous. Nebraska was flopping like they were playing in the World Cup. 

With that said, a great bounce back performance. Obviously TJD, Galloway and Bates were really good, Kopp had a good game too, and nice to Race get active as well. 

Maybe XJ's worst performance in an IU uniform, but definitely not worried about him. 

Only other kind of negative comment is that while the shooting was really good to see, we need the guys to be able to contribute offensively on the road too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Need JHS back. Really helps Johnson and gives us another scorer. 

I know everybody said Rutgers gave everybody the blue print to beat IU. Truth is that was the same blueprint as the last few years. Not sure it is going to work like most think. We will not shoot as bad the Rutgers game and probably not as good as tonight. But we have several guys that can knock down an open shot and make good cuts to the basket. Woodson can put TJD at the few throw line and drive or hit the open man. Might not score 20 but also won’t take a lot of shots. This team is different than teams in the past. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If there is one thing I can stand about college basketball, it's how the refs just hunt charges to call. It's ridiculous. Nebraska was flopping like they were playing in the World Cup. 

With that said, a great bounce back performance. Obviously TJD, Galloway and Bates were really good, Kopp had a good game too, and nice to Race get active as well. 

Maybe XJ's worst performance in an IU uniform, but definitely not worried about him. 

Only other kind of negative comment is that while the shooting was really good to see, we need the guys to be able to contribute offensively on the road too. 

The one where Reneau got the ball and scored the defender should got called for a flop. 3 of the charges on us was horrible calls.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Amazing to me that it's only the 3rd triple double in program history. Things to clean up but a solid win. Very easily could have been a 26 point win. I think we still miss JHS more than we thought. 

Tamar Bates. You keep doing that Big Papa. 

Grace Berger has 3 triple doubles so far in her career at IU.

TJD is going to have to step it up!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2