Nebraska Post Game Thread

KDB

37 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

25 threes is an incredibly normal amount to take.

I'm also confused by the rebounding comment, we didn't rebound well because they were worried about getting back on defense? 

I'm surprised that 25 attempts from 3 are normal. Not debating it, just wasn't aware of it, and surprised it's that high. Seems like its high for us with our past shooting woes.

Re: Rebounding. I didn't say we didn't rebound well, I was trying to make a point that even though we out rebounded them, was because they didn't send anybody to their offensive glass. From what I saw we didn't even look to put a body on somebody, because there was no opponent there to block out. So I hope Woody doesn't give up on the block out drills before we get to Sat, because I suspect AZ will send guys to the offensive glass.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DWB said:

I'm surprised that 25 attempts from 3 are normal. Not debating it, just wasn't aware of it, and surprised it's that high. Seems like its high for us with our past shooting woes.

That is on the high side. It would be top 60 in D1 in attempts/game. Median in D1 is 21.6. IU is now averaging 18.9/game (#285), up from 17.7 last year. IA, KY and PU all average 22/game. PSU (#8) and ILL (#18) are highest in the B1G at 29.7 and 27.7, respectively. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Re: Rebounding. I didn't say we didn't rebound well, I was trying to make a point that even though we out rebounded them, was because they didn't send anybody to their offensive glass. From what I saw we didn't even look to put a body on somebody, because there was no opponent there to block out. So I hope Woody doesn't give up on the block out drills before we get to Sat, because I suspect AZ will send guys to the offensive glass.

Got it, thanks for clarifying on the rebounding. I certainly agree that rebounding against Zona will be a different beast and we have to stay locked in to avoid a repeat of Rutgers in that department. 

Before we put Nebraska to bed for the season I'll say this. I have no clue what Creighton is or isn't. I know we were ticked we don't play them twice. All I'll say is they have some nice pieces there and no doubt in my mind they will knock off 1 maybe 2 top half teams in Lincoln this year. 

Hoiberg is a fine coach....wish him well from this point on this year.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Before we put Nebraska to bed for the season I'll say this. I have no clue what Creighton is or isn't. I know we were ticked we don't play them twice. All I'll say is they have some nice pieces there and no doubt in my mind they will knock off 1 maybe 2 top half teams in Lincoln this year. 

I was really impressed with them outside of the first 5 or 6 mins. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They play Purdue in Lincoln Saturday... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I was really impressed with them outside of the first 5 or 6 mins. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

They play Purdue in Lincoln Saturday... 

I was sitting watching going ok.....every time we tried to push it up to 18 they'd bring down it down to 9.....even without one of their key guys. I saw some good players there.

No clue if it's Purdue but one or two of the top 6-7 teams in conference will lose out there this year.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Arizona beat Creighton...by 2.

• Like 2

Finally got a chance to watch the game this afternoon. Was hilarious watching TJD trying to get that last assist. Thank goodness Trey was able to make it happen. 

Trey, Kopp, and Bates really stepped up this game. Was good to see. I feel like XJ really needs JHS on the floor to take off some of the pressure on him. Hope JHS is ready to go this weekend. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I was sitting watching going ok.....every time we tried to push it up to 18 they'd bring down it down to 9.....even without one of their key guys. I saw some good players there.

No clue if it's Purdue but one or two of the top 6-7 teams in conference will lose out there this year.

Not sure if they have enough size but this is a better squad than last year for them