Arizona Post Game Thread

KDB

9 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I want them in the tourney with a healthy JHS.  Not sure if we win but it will be a different game.   

sigh.  

A lot of people thought this was the same team that barely made into the tournament. JHS is a significant upgrade, but without him we are that team that just barely made it into the tournament.

• Like 3

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

It is a college wide issue.

The NCAA needs to take over the refs and not the conferences. They need to make them full time employees and not sub contractors.  Right now some of the refs do like 5 to 6 games a week and to much travel. Doing thata y games can't be good on those guys and it leads to bad officiating

• Like 3

Agreed, they kept fighting. But it was up hill all the way. At no point did it feel like IU would take the lead. 

Measurement game #2. Outcome = Not good enough. 

The room for error is slim against really good teams. Can't waste possessions, can't brick the first 7 or so threes, and gotta get on the boards.

There are some positives but defensively they had few answers. That's there strength and it was not enough.

Finally, TJD could have used a jumper tonight. Could have drawn their size away and opened some lanes. Four seasons to get at least a mid range jumper and nothing to show for it. The team may regret it this season as much as he will in the future because every team in the NBA has more size than AZ.

I think most of us before the season started  said if we could go 2-2 in our 4 big non conference games. So we already have the two win so if we even lose at KU it is not the end of the world. KU is good but they have no real size and we match up better against them. TJD should be able to have a better game at KU than he did tonight.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

So maybe B10 officiating isn’t as bad as we thought 

Nothing will convince me that the goal-tend was simply a missed call.  There is no way on earth all three refs missed that call.  At least one or two of them knew it was a goal-tend and just chose not to call it.  They may not have realized how obvious it was, but they knew it was a goal-tend.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 7

Thought Arizona was the better team tonight. Obviously score reflected that.

Lloyd is a mega douche. Whines on every possession.

I think we match up better with Kansas…but for the love of God, we need JHS playing and healthy! Surprised this back issue has now lasted a few games.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Nothing will convince me that the goal-tend was simply a missed call.  There is no way on earth all three refs missed that call.  At least one or two of them knew it was a goal-tend and just chose not to call it.  They may not have realized how obvious it was, but they knew it was a goal-tend.

Yeah that was awful.  I think it would have brought us to within 4.  Then we go down the other way and get the flop call which was absolutely not a flop.  It was a charge IMO, but a block at worst.  I think they hit the FT and then hit a 3 and pushed what should have been a 4 point lead back up to 10.  Complete momentum killer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The NCAA needs to take over the refs and not the conferences. They need to make them full time employees and not sub contractors.  Right now some of the refs do like 5 to 6 games a week and to much travel. Doing thata y games can't be good on those guys and it leads to bad officiating

Oh God more Big Government..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

When our All-American gets overpowered like he did tonight, we have no chance. Extremely disappointed in TJD’s game tonight. Big time player is supposed to show up in big time games 

TJD did not play well, which makes the fact we hung in there and came back like we did even more impressive for the team.

I'm pissed we lost, but proud of the team.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah that was awful.  I think it would have brought us to within 4.  Then we go down the other way and get the flop call which was absolutely not a flop.  It was a charge IMO, but a block at worst.  I think they hit the FT and then hit a 3 and pushed what should have been a 4 point lead back up to 10.  Complete momentum killer.

TJD's 4th foul came in that sequence as well.  And, as Raftery said, the prudent things for th he refs to do there is call the foul on Galloway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

TJD did not play well, which makes the fact we hung in there and came back like we did even more impressive for the team.

I'm pissed we lost, but proud of the team.

When you got a big guy who is allowed to play like Shaq (bull you out of the way with the shoulder) it is going to be hard for a 6'9" guy to guard that.  You have to expend a whole bunch of energy on the defensive end.  Arizona was allowed to be active with their hands in the interior in a way we were not for most of the game as well.

We need to get some guys that are 6'10" or bigger and can play.  Pur best interior players are all basically undersized.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

There is bad officiating, like with Rutgers v OSU.  And, there is biased officiating.  This game falls in the biased category.  I cant see it any other way.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Agreed, they kept fighting. But it was up hill all the way. At no point did it feel like IU would take the lead. 

Measurement game #2. Outcome = Not good enough. 

The room for error is slim against really good teams. Can't waste possessions, can't brick the first 7 or so threes, and gotta get on the boards.

There are some positives but defensively they had few answers. That's there strength and it was not enough.

Finally, TJD could have used a jumper tonight. Could have drawn their size away and opened some lanes. Four seasons to get at least a mid range jumper and nothing to show for it. The team may regret it this season as much as he will in the future because every team in the NBA has more size than AZ.

Measurement game #2? I thought we already won the first two!

Edited by Drroogh