Arizona Post Game Thread

KDB

16 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Coach Woodson just told Don Fischer that he was disappointed about the lopsided free throw shooting between the two teams. He made a reference about possibly not getting enough calls… lol.. Don said he agreed 1000%. 

Yep.  They diplomatically danced around the obvious...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

When our All-American gets overpowered like he did tonight, we have no chance. Extremely disappointed in TJD’s game tonight. Big time player is supposed to show up in big time games 

Reminded me of his games against Kofi at UI. He owned TJD until Woody called him out for being scared in the last meeting.

Trayce has always had trouble with mobile guys that have length...

But, there were some positives... I see Tamar Bates growing into a player... Races 3s... Kopp being his steady self...

Our vaunted defense didn't play well, especially our bigs, but Arizona had some shotmakers. The Bal kid killed us.

Someone else said it, but I do think we match up better with Kansas... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm disappointed in the L but not in the team.  

I think we came out flat and to some extent intimidated by them early in the first half which contributed to the 17-0 run.  However, from that point on we regrouped and righted the ship.  I think we were their equal for the remainder of the game.

Looking at the stats, it's UNEQUVOCAL that the refs were biased in this game.  And the difference in Arizona's FT total is the difference in the game!

I think the team will grow from this loss.  I also think in the long run playing this level of competition with JHS is also a benefit in the long run.  Bate and Galloway in particular are crucial pieces for this team if we are to have success in the NCAAT.  I think Geronimo is also improving albeit at a slower pace.  

I'm not a BB. coach by any means.  However, I sure think we are making a mistake by not having TJD play more facing the basket with the ball allowing him to shoot the mid range from the top of the key or drive and score or dish if D collapses.

Season is a marathon.  There is no question we are improving steadily under CMW but we are still a work in progress 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

November 15, 1991.  Indiana gets thoroughly beaten by UCLA.  15 point loss and just did not look good at all.  3 games later lost a close one to Kentucky.

That team made the Final Four and waxed that same UCLA team to get there.

Are we going to the Final Four this year?  I don't know, likely not, but this was one game in December that did not go our way.  "We aren't there yet..."  No, we aren't.  Doesn't mean we won't be in March.  That same Arizona team got waxed by Utah a week ago.  Sh*t happens.

Good post! Sometimes everything goes in and goes your way. We have been there too. AZ is a good shooting team with more size than us,….no doubt. IMO, A healthy JHS shuts up and changes Kerr’s game tonight. I said earlier in a post, last year’s team would have gotten beat by 20+. This group has more fight and are shooting much better from outside. Those are two big improvements I see.  

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 2