Kansas Post Game

Inequality

This is the team that everyone was concerned about over the off-season. The returning core of players that barely made the NCAAT and was blown out by St Mary’s. Didn’t add any shooters. In the Xavier game I was saying IU needed to add a transfer like  Boum but didn’t. Last night he was 6-9 from three and had 28 points. Sean Miller was saying he’s the key to their offensive success this year. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

No, but you defend him all of the time regardless of how bad he can be. And he has been bad on multiple occasions.  Can be just as good sometimes, but there’s not any consistency which is why people get so frustrated with him. 

He’s been our second best player this year and gets a disproportionate amount of criticism, if you’re actually looking for fairness you should probably take it up with those folks.

And of all the things to focus on in this postgame thread, the guy who played 9 minutes before getting hurt forcing another KU turnover is a weird move. Os this about your issues with X or with me?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is the team that everyone was concerned about over the off-season. The returning core of players that barely made the NCAAT and was blown out by St Mary’s. Didn’t add any shooters. In the Xavier game I was saying IU needed to add a transfer like  Boum but didn’t. Last night he was 6-9 from three and had 28 points. Sean Miller was saying he’s the key to their offensive success this year. 

Still wonder what transfers DD was talking about who wanted to come to IU. Said Woodson didn't want to cut anyone to make room if his story is true

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Basically the same team.Agree we added a couple freshman and nothing else.We will be lucky to be 500 in big ten.Maybe one or two road wins.A loss or two at home.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

This program/team needs a culture change. I know Woodson is trying to change that. I’m hoping JHS and Malik are the start of it.

Could be Dakich is right and  CMW needs to be better and the assistants need to do something besides recruit. His tweet mentioned them watching CNN instead of film, maybe Fife was right to get out of dodge.  Something needs to change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Could be Dakich is right and  CMW needs to be better and the assistants need to do something besides recruit. His tweet mentioned them watching CNN instead of film, maybe Fife was right to get out of dodge.  Something needs to change.

You really believe everything DD says because there was a no way he knows what the coaching staff is doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Yes, I'm sure chioce of news stations is a big factor in coaching chops...

Dakich will be forever bitter because he was never considered...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You really believe everything DD says because there was a no way he knows what the coaching staff is doing.

I'm sure he and Fife talk.  All you have to do is watch this team for awhile and Dakich starts sounding more and more believable, at least to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, I'm sure chioce of news stations is a big factor in coaching chops...

Dakich will be forever bitter because he was never considered...

I don't care what channel, I took his point is that they don't coach and the more I see of IU the more I believe it.

• Haha 1

There are maybe 2-3 other teams in the country that are as good as Kansas and Arizona. Maybe 2-3. Regardless of fan expectations we are meshing a few things here. Injury to JHS caused a bit of problem vs Zona and Rutgers. Which caused X to try and do a bit much and on and on. 

We as a team and staff will figure out a way to make sure when teams double/triple TJD the others step up. Whether that's TJD recognizing that more quickly....or here's a shocker maybe the guys he throws to hits the open shot. It's a season long game of chess not checkers.

Nobody we will face in the conference has the personnel that Kansas or Arizona does. Nobody. Let's get X healthy and see where things stand in 60 days from now....you know mid February? With still another month before tourney begins.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm sure he and Fife talk.  All you have to do is watch this team for awhile and Dakich starts sounding more and more believable, at least to me.

So how would Fife know what the coaches are doing this year. You are very gullible if you believe everything DD spouts off.  Every year he picks IU basketball and the Cts to win big but only does this so he can rip them when they don't

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Here's my thing with a guy like Dakich. He privately begged Archie to get his kid a certain position at IU. Archie delivered and the next day he's ripping the guy.....I have no energy for non loyal folks. Especially the 24 hour version. I could go on and on about Dakich stories both within IU and here in Indy. He's a windbag and an embarrassment on all levels. 

• Like 3

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Here's my thing with a guy like Dakich. He privately begged Archie to get his kid a certain position at IU. Archie delivered and the next day he's ripping the guy.....I have no energy for non loyal folks. Especially the 24 hour version. I could go on and on about Dakich stories both within IU and here in Indy. He's a windbag and an embarrassment on all levels. 

Well in the last year he has lost his job at ESPN doing games and now his local radio show.  He shouldn't be talking about politics because he is with Wacko's on outkick

• Like 2