Kansas Post Game

Inequality

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There are maybe 2-3 other teams in the country that are as good as Kansas and Arizona. Maybe 2-3. Regardless of fan expectations we are meshing a few things here. Injury to JHS caused a bit of problem vs Zona and Rutgers. Which caused X to try and do a bit much and on and on. 

We as a team and staff will figure out a way to make sure when teams double/triple TJD the others step up. Whether that's TJD recognizing that more quickly....or here's a shocker maybe the guys he throws to hits the open shot. It's a season long game of chess not checkers.

Nobody we will face in the conference has the personnel that Kansas or Arizona does. Nobody. Let's get X healthy and see where things stand in 60 days from now....you know mid February? With still another month before tourney begins.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm sure he and Fife talk.  All you have to do is watch this team for awhile and Dakich starts sounding more and more believable, at least to me.

It actually gives him zero credibility whatsoever.  If he’s actually passing something along that Fife told him, he’s basically assuring that Fife never gets hired by anyone to coach again.

Looking back at the game I feel the key time was when we cut it to 10. After the timeout we ran a good play running Kopp off a screen and got him a open 3 but missed. Force a turnover but Tamar tried to make a spectacular layup instead of making the easy play and no points.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I hope you guys are right and DD is full of crap and this team turns it around, but I'm not optimistic. Hopefully it's just  growing pains in a new system and Cupps and Newton plus some portal help will get the ship righted.

Dakich being full of crap and this team turning it around are not connected at all. 

Dakich is assuredly full of crap. This team may or may not fulfill its expectations, but the outcome doesn't change that Dakich is full of crap. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Could be Dakich is right and  CMW needs to be better and the assistants need to do something besides recruit. His tweet mentioned them watching CNN instead of film, maybe Fife was right to get out of dodge.  Something needs to change.

Even if this made sense, Fife didn’t get out of dodge, he was fired.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looking back at the game I feel the key time was when we cut it to 10. After the timeout we ran a good play running Kopp off a screen and got him a open 3 but missed. Force a turnover but Tamar tried to make a spectacular layup instead of making the easy play and no points.

Yep. I think we talked about in the in game thread. Those 2 plays could have made it 5 and the Hoosiers are a coming. Instead it went back up to 16 I believe and the game was over. 

• Like 3

I think the idea of benching some guys in a game like Tuesday is intriguing, not a tactic you see much anymore but I don’t hate it if that’s what coach decides to do. I’m just not sure I could pick out five guys who deserve to start based on the Kansas game. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think the idea of benching some guys in a game like Tuesday is intriguing, not a tactic you see much anymore but I don’t hate it if that’s what coach decides to do. I’m just not sure I could pick out five guys who deserve to start based on the Kansas game. 

That would be tough…it was a total team effort in poor play.