Kansas Post Game

Inequality

The calendar said it was December of 2001. Fresh off losses to Marquette, Southern Illinois, Miami, Kentucky, and  Butler everyone on Peegs said cancel the season. Total loss. Sure glad the boards don't dictate a season. 

If these things were happening in early March gang I get it but let's some development go on. Kind of like last year. Nobody was playing better in our conference at BTT. Just let it ride itself out. Not saying some along the way micro discussion isn't warranted but big picture....3 months of hoops/development is a long time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The calendar said it was December of 2001. Fresh off losses to Marquette, Southern Illinois, Miami, Kentucky, and  Butler everyone on Peegs said cancel the season. Total loss. Sure glad the boards don't dictate a season. 

If these things were happening in early March gang I get it but let's some development go on. Kind of like last year. Nobody was playing better in our conference at BTT. Just let it ride itself out. Not saying some along the way micro discussion isn't warranted but big picture....3 months of hoops/development is a long time.

Different team and 20 years ago.  

And you are correct.  Long ways to go.  But what are your concerns gonna be if Iowa spanks our crimson butts by 22?

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Different team and 20 years ago.  

And you are correct.  Long ways to go.  But what are your concerns gonna be if Iowa spanks our crimson butts by 22?

None. We have a good team with a good group of players. Just takes time to mesh things...and like I said earlier we won't face anyone better than Arizona and Kansas the rest of the regular season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

None. We have a good team with a good group of players. Just takes time to mesh things...and like I said earlier we won't face anyone better than Arizona and Kansas the rest of the regular season. 

Kind of why I put the other big ten score on this thread showing how the other big ten teams are kind of struggling.  Besides Purdue all the other teams have had their bad moments this year. Even Purdue who is only up 1 at half to Davidson. They also struggled in their two true road games against FSU and Neb.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah, Purdue will probably only beat us by 20...twice.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Shew….these posters are exhausting. There are zero guarantees in wins and losses…. I’m gonna go ahead and bring this up. This is Woodson’s second year and of all HIS recruits, only X and Shino are starters. The other starters with meaningful minutes are all Coach Miller’s recruits. TJD would start for any NCAA team in America, so he is an obvious given. ZERO disrespect to any of the other players at all…. I just feel Woodson’s blueprint of his type of players more like Shino, good ball handlers, excellent defense and good shooters. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Shew….these posters are exhausting. There are zero guarantees in wins and losses…. I’m gonna go ahead and bring this up. This is Woodson’s second year and of all HIS recruits, only X and Shino are starters. The other starters with meaningful minutes are all Coach Miller’s recruits. TJD would start for any NCAA team in America, so he is an obvious given. ZERO disrespect to any of the other players at all…. I just feel Woodson’s blueprint of his type of players more like Shino, good ball handlers, excellent defense and good shooters. 

Kopp is a Woodson guy, too, but I get your point. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rico said:

We won at home.  The Boilers won on the  road.  Purdue has guys that are used to winning.  

They start 2 freshman guards and Kaufman coming off the bench that hadn't played a game in college until this year.  They also is playing Waddell who never played a college game until this year

Just now, IU Scott said:

They start 2 freshman guards and Kaufman coming off the bench that hadn't played a game in college until this year.  They also is playing Waddell who never played a college game until this year

Back to the Kansas game.  I ain't gonna keep talking about Purdue's winning culture.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, Purdue will probably only beat us by 20...twice.

Edey is 7'4" and doesn't suck which immediately gives them an edge over everyone.  We've also proven tall guys cause IU problems so I don't expect to beat them. 

Without Edey no way would they be where they are right now. 

Anyway, missed ricos last post. I'm having the paging problems now. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Edey is 7'4" and doesn't suck which immediately gives them an edge over everyone.  We've also proven tall guys cause IU problems so I don't expect to beat them. 

Without Edey no way would they be where they are right now. 

Anyway, missed ricos last post. I'm having the paging problems now. 

Just a small edit. Teams with multiple tall guys cause us problems. Last year in BTT we put Kofi's head on a swivel with ball reversal and high ball screen seeing if he can play D. I know some on here love Purdue or Painter....but our matchups with them don't concern me. 

Teams with 2-3 bigs do. Not one. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wish I could be that optimistic and I’m not giving up on the season, but with four upperclassmen starters (TJD, Thompson, Johnson and Kopp) development shouldn’t be an issue. If they haven’t developed by now, we’re in real trouble - just sayin.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Wish I could be that optimistic and I’m not giving up on the season, but with four upperclassmen starters (TJD, Thompson, Johnson and Kopp) development shouldn’t t be an issue. If they haven’t developed by now, we’re in real trouble - just sayin.

That's my point though. That team had Fife, Hornsby, Newton, Coverdale, Newton....Moye, Odle and on and on. It takes teams time to click. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

There are maybe 2-3 other teams in the country that are as good as Kansas and Arizona. Maybe 2-3. Regardless of fan expectations we are meshing a few things here. Injury to JHS caused a bit of problem vs Zona and Rutgers. Which caused X to try and do a bit much and on and on. 

We as a team and staff will figure out a way to make sure when teams double/triple TJD the others step up. Whether that's TJD recognizing that more quickly....or here's a shocker maybe the guys he throws to hits the open shot. It's a season long game of chess not checkers.

Nobody we will face in the conference has the personnel that Kansas or Arizona does. Nobody. Let's get X healthy and see where things stand in 60 days from now....you know mid February? With still another month before tourney begins.

okay.  not that i totally disagree, but i would say that there are 4-5 teams at least that are as good as AZ and KS.  kind of nitpicking, but they'll likely be #5 and 6 in the new poll.  more importantly (and yes i acknowledge it is tough to win at Rutgers) we lost at Rutgers already and they aren't in the top 25.  to your point though - no team can lose one of there top 3 players and not miss a beat against a top 10 team.  also to your point no team in the B1G other than (puke) maybe Purdue is as good as AZ or KS.  still... at this point it is very easy to imagine that we will lose enough road games (Illinois, MD, Purdue, Mich St., Mich) to be 5th or worse.  nice improvement, but still disappointing with this talent.  

• Like 2