Elon Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

Well, now that all the kvetching is done over the Kansas loss :) 

When: Tuesday, December 20th 7:00 pm EST 

Where: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

TV: BTN

Elon is 2-9 with wins over Erskine and Johnson and Wales (sounds like a shoe company)...

They've been so bad, they need Musk to cover up the stench :D 

image.png.1bd4b770ffaa79ef0e83709e14117ead.png

image.png.7b5dd1895b372113515ed40c11eb0b21.png

image.png.aaca8e56131c9af1103120fc5f197fd9.png

Haven't seen them play, but they don't look very good...Halloran looks like he can shoot the 3 a little, They don't rank in the top 100 in any statistical category except 3 pointers attempted (95th)...

We shouldn't have any trouble here. Rest up our starters some, give the kids a chance to play and gain confidence...

• Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We shouldn't have any trouble here. Rest up our starters some, give the kids a chance to play and gain confidence...

I think our starters got plenty of rest in the KU game while they were on the floor. :coffee:

But I agree, let's put in the "other guys" and let them get some experience and chemistry of their own.

Edited by DWB
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, DunkinDipo said:

Has there been any word on the extent of XJ's injury?

Im hoping for the best but expecting the worst (broken and out for the year) for XJ but regardless of how long he's out I would try to get CJ quite a bit of floor time and work him into the rotation more. We will need his energy off the bench even more now. 

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I  see this as the starting lineup 

JHS 

Bates 

Kopp 

TJD 

Race

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Galloway as the sixth man. 

That was the starting lineup for the 2nd half vs Kansas, so I'd think that'll be the lineup going forward...

I think Coach Woodson believes Galloway is more suited to PG duties than Tamar... 

• Like 1

The next two games serve one purpose - to demonstrate this team can run their offense to get open shots.

They can easily win these next two games based on the talent difference alone. CMW should make it about playing good basketball, players being in the right positions, running an offense to get open looks, and overall execution.

If all they do is out run and out jump the next two teams they will have missed the opportunities given to them to refocus before conference play. If they win by 30 but in ugly fashion where they are careless with the ball and waste possessions, we will know nothing has changed.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 12:13 PM, NCHoosier32 said:

my son's team is not good and they beat Elon.  when i told him IU plays Elon he said we'd win by 100.  he truly felt his high school team could have beaten Elon.  Johnson and Wales is a culinary college in NC.

Johnson and Wales had two wins over Penn State* last season.

*Penn State Wilkes-Barre and Penn State York. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Not a doctor either, but I believe sometimes it’s difficult to see hairline fractures until swelling goes down.

The delayed reaction with the amount of pain he was in kinda scares me 

not ankle sprain or Achilles….not lisfranc 

Hopefully it’s not a lingering injury 

30 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

The delayed reaction with the amount of pain he was in kinda scares me 

not ankle sprain or Achilles….not lisfranc 

Hopefully it’s not a lingering injury 

I don’t think it was so please don’t take this statement as my thinking it was, but the amount of pain shown vs the lack of contact/twisting/turning/etc felt like he was doing his best soccer imitation.  It just looked odd. Hoping for a speedy recovery. 

10 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I don’t think it was so please don’t take this statement as my thinking it was, but the amount of pain shown vs the lack of contact/twisting/turning/etc felt like he was doing his best soccer imitation.  It just looked odd. Hoping for a speedy recovery. 

I hope you are right….

A Paul Pierce/Neymar situation 😳