Indiana won't be relevant again unless..

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

okay, but you are not allowed to be negative or critical.  must be positive at all times or you are not a real fan.  you didn't know that?

I've personally never been critical of one of your posts, nor do I recall too many others doing that either.

Sea Turtle is a different story.  The difference is that you post in both good and bad times.  We all know you are an IU fan who leans towards a glass half empty point of view.  I, and most on here, are okay with that.

Sea Turtle, however, is not an IU fan.  He doesn't post when times are good.  I dont recall seeing him around at all this season before the Rutgers game.

There is a difference between 'negativity' among true fans (you, dmbhoosier, etc) and trolling (Sea Turtle, Coach Shep, etc).

By defending them, you are opening yourself up to criticism, but not for the reason you think.  It has nothing to do with your personal feelings about the program, rather that you are defending posters many on the board believe to be trolls.  You are a true IU fan.  They are not.

I hope you can see and appreciate the difference.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've personally never been critical of one of your posts, nor do I recall too many others doing that either.

Sea Turtle is a different story.  The difference is that you post in both good and bad times.  We all know you are an IU fan who leans towards a glass half empty point of view.  I, and most on here, are okay with that.

Sea Turtle, however, is not an IU fan.  He doesn't post when times are good.  I dont recall seeing him around at all this season before the Rutgers game.

There is a difference between 'negativity' among true fans (you, dmbhoosier, etc) and trolling (Sea Turtle, Coach Shep, etc).

By defending them, you are opening yourself up to criticism, but not for the reason you think.  It has nothing to do with your personal feelings about the program, rather that you are defending posters many on the board believe to be trolls.  You are a true IU fan.  They are not.

I hope you can see and appreciate the difference.

16 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Easy with that. You flat wear that out, and it is nonsense.

You tend to be pessimistic. But you are active, honest and part of the community. Nobody questions you or your fandom....they push back if they disagree with your take on a topic.

Sea Turtle has never engaged in conversation beyond IU sucks and their fans suck. Big difference.

You seriously need to stop acting like people here never allow negative viewpoints. 

It is simply not true. People disagreeing with you does not mean you are not respected or not a real fan.

dbmhoosier is one of my favorites, because he is active, consistent and a curmudgeon. I respect that.  Lol

Our brains are starting to meld into one, just like our hearts.  🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

USC went all in and hired Lincoln Riley and he turned it around in one year. 

It's important for them to be a blue blood. 

Why can't Indiana basketball do this? Or do they just not want to be a blue blood again. 

Name coaches who is available that meet that criteria. Riley left Oklahoma before they left for the SEC

35 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Yep. Always an excuse why others can do it but not Indiana. 

Well in the ladtbyear two blue blood programs lost HOF coaches and didn't go out and get an elite coach. You don't see guys like Self leaving for another blue blood programs. So what elite coaches do you actually think would leave their elite job to co.e here.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well in the ladtbyear two blue blood programs lost HOF coaches and didn't go out and get an elite coach. You don't see guys like Self leaving for another blue blood programs. So what elite coaches do you actually think would leave their elite job to co.e here.

Scott.  We know he is a troll.  Who were we going to get instead?  Maybe the gimicky bama coach Nate Oats that hasn't won anything?  Or one of the Hurley dorks?  That also haven't won anyting?  Or Beard?  Who's in jail.  Notice he hasn't answered your question.  Just like a politician.  He's a troll.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Those two programs are on cruise control. They don't NEED a big hire yet. Maybe they will, maybe they won't but they are letting K's guy have a shot and UNC was just in the title game. We'll see if it continues.

What did Kentucky do when they missed on Gillespie? Did they hire another Gillespie? They went out and got John Calipari and wrote him a blank check. That's how you remain a blueblood. 

Kansas didn't mess around when Roy left for UNC. They went out and got Bill Self. 

Indiana doesn't treat ITS OWN PROGRAM like a blueblood. Why should anyone else?

Mike Woodson? Archie Miller? 

Are you kidding me? 

10 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Scott.  We know he is a troll.  Who were we going to get instead?  Maybe the gimicky bama coach Nate Oats that hasn't won anything?  Or one of the Hurley dorks?  That also haven't won anyting?  Or Beard?  Who's in jail.  Notice he hasn't answered your question.  Just like a politician.  He's a troll.  

You and I don't get paid millions of dollars to make those decisions. If you want to be the AD of a school with this history, you had better be able to get this stuff done or GTFO. 

17 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I know he is 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

You and I don't get paid millions of dollars to make those decisions. If you want to be the AD of a school with this history, you had better be able to get this stuff done or GTFO. 

So why didn't UNC and Duke go out and hire an elite HC instead of hiring two guys without HC experience 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Those two programs are on cruise control. They don't NEED a big hire yet. Maybe they will, maybe they won't but they are letting K's guy have a shot and UNC was just in the title game. We'll see if it continues.

What did Kentucky do when they missed on Gillespie? Did they hire another Gillespie? They went out and got John Calipari and wrote him a blank check. That's how you remain a blueblood. 

Kansas didn't mess around when Roy left for UNC. They went out and got Bill Self. 

Indiana doesn't treat ITS OWN PROGRAM like a blueblood. Why should anyone else?

Mike Woodson? Archie Miller? 

Are you kidding me? 

Alright, Ding Dong... who then? Always easy to complain about who we don't have, didn't get, etc. Haven't read who your Blue Blood Savior is.

14 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Let's see... Resume...

Had a Final 4 appearance vacated at UMass 

Failed miserably in the NBA 

Had ANOTHER Final 4 vacated at Memphis 

Yeah, buddy! 

I think if IU agreed to pick up the Squid's lifetime contract, KY would ship him to BTown tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I am not going to guarantee that Woody will do great, but I think its too early either way.  He seems to resonate with recruits.  I think we will know with his '24 and '25 classes and who he brings in to see where this is going.

It may not be popular here, but I think Kansas and and Arizona show that our personnel isn't there yet.  We have 2-3 guys in our rotation where you could upgrade.  I do like Woody's vision of the type of players he wants in terms of skill set.  Let's see how he performs in the next two classes, and in terms of transfers for '23.

I think criticisms for what we have seen the last couple of weeks are 100% fair.  It's been bad in a variety of aspects.  But, what we don't know yet is how the team will develop.  Last season, we did flip on a lightbulb late in the season.  I don't want to wait that long, and hopefully we will show progress sooner.  Woody has seen the styles of the Wisconsin's and the Rutgers' and the Iowa's etc.  Let's play them better this season because of his experience in seeing what they are about.

Anyway, I would say it's way too premature to have the discussion from this thread.  It won't matter what I say, what anyone says.  It's going to be 100% a performance issue.  Woody knows that.  He can't ride the honeymoon forever.  In terms of the players, for the guys who think we should be patient, that's fine and I like the sentiment.  But no amount of patience excuses the lackluster effort we have been seeing.  That falls on everybody from coaches to players.  That needs resolved ASAP.

As I said earlier, we have a great chance to see some guys develop over the next couple of months.  I am optimistic that the chance is there.  Again, it doesn't matter what I say.  It will be proven on the court.

I will say the next half a dozen or so games in the conference give us a great chance to establish a good record.  Now go do it.  It's do-able and in front of us.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1