Indiana won't be relevant again unless..

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am not going to guarantee that Woody will do great, but I think its too early either way.  He seems to resonate with recruits.  I think we will know with his '24 and '25 classes.

It may not be popular here, but I think Kansas and and Arizona show that our personnel isn't there yet. 

Popular or not, that's a very accurate statement. When healthy, this IU team has the personnel to be a solid top 25 team, but not a top 5 team. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

They went out and got John Calipari and wrote him a blank check. That's how you remain a blueblood. 

Let's see... Resume...

Had a Final 4 appearance vacated at UMass 

Failed miserably in the NBA 

Had ANOTHER Final 4 vacated at Memphis 

Yeah, buddy! 

To go back to the topic, to be relevant "again" assumes that we aren't now.

???

- The team that is one of the favorites to win the Big Ten.

- The team that is currently one of the top 25 in the country (top 6% of all teams)

- The team that has an All-American candidate.

- The team that consistently has nationally televised matchups -- and brings in large TV audiences.

Is there room for improvement? Yes, of course. But the suggestion of irrelevancy is absolute folly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

To go back to the topic, to be relevant "again" assumes that we aren't now.

???

- The team that is one of the favorites to win the Big Ten.

- The team that is currently one of the top 25 in the country (top 6% of all teams)

- The team that has an All-American candidate.

- The team that consistently has nationally televised matchups -- and brings in large TV audiences.

Is there room for improvement? Yes, of course. But the suggestion of irrelevancy is absolute folly.

TBH, we haven't been relevant in the college basketball world for quite a few years now.  Maybe we can change that this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rico said:

TBH, we haven't been relevant in the college basketball world for quite a few years now.  Maybe we can change that this year.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but I would say we haven't been successful [enough] in the college basketball world for quite a few years... but we are still relevant.

I know those things are somewhat hand in hand, but we're far from irrelevant. Minnesota is irrelevant. Virginia Tech is irrelevant. California...

Indiana moves the needle.

11 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but I would say we haven't been successful [enough] in the college basketball world for quite a few years... but we are still relevant.

I know those things are somewhat hand in hand, but we're far from irrelevant. Minnesota is irrelevant. Virginia Tech is irrelevant. California...

Yeah, one can say that.  

btw...Virginia Tech is pretty dang good so far this year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

If you were irrelevant you would play Florida State every year……😳☹️