Kennesaw St Game thread

Reacher

I'm not looking for anything other than getting the win. I have no clue why our guys double down low...and for the life of me Race needs to realize when the ball comes into him he either needs to react with a move or pass it quickly. This hanging it out for 10 seconds showing the world you can palm the ball is getting boring. 

Thank goodness for Trey, Tamar....otherwise zero input from anyone else tonight so far. 

• Like 4

In college basketball in general I am so tired of watching offenses because it is all standing around and trying to beat guys one on one. Especially at the end of half's the coaches don't run plays to get guys open but just give it to your point guard and have try to get a shot on his own.

What use to make basketball so great was that it was 5 guys on the court moving in sink to get good shots.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not looking for anything other than getting the win. I have no clue why our guys double down low...and for the life of me Race needs to realize when the ball comes into him he either needs to react with a move or pass it quickly. This hanging it out for 10 seconds showing the world you can palm the ball is getting boring. 

Thank goodness for Trey, Tamar....otherwise zero input from anyone else tonight so far. 

Race learned that move from Trayce.

• Haha 1

It just seems like this team was put together on the run and the pieces don't fit. I see some teams with less talent play a lot better because those team was recruited to a culture and certain way of playing. Woodson needs to find what his style of play is and recruit to that style 

• Like 1

Just now, tdhoosier said:

This is a start that’d have us down 20 by a good team. 

Sometimes I want to shake them by the soldiers and yell In their face: WAKE UP. 

Against a better team, I think Trayce would be out there... We're missing a couple of pretty key pieces, but when we got down 7, I thought we showed some grit...

Perimeter defense still needs to step up, but all things considered, I'll take what we have so far...

They have some shooters... 

Just now, IU Scott said:

It just seems like this team was put together on the run and the pieces don't fit. I see some teams with less talent play a lot better because those team was recruited to a culture and certain way of playing. Woodson needs to find what his style of play is and recruit to that style 

Send him an email... 

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

We are outshooting them 43 - 32%. All we have to do is stay in the vicinity of their 3 pt shooters and we win going away. Make a few of the missed bunnies and get out of this one with the W. 

Especially to start the game we missed a lot of easy shots. Kopp missed a wide open 3 and Reneau missed two easy shots inside 5 feet. Then Galloway missing on the alley oop

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In college basketball in general I am so tired of watching offenses because it is all standing around and trying to beat guys one on one. Especially at the end of half's the coaches don't run plays to get guys open but just give it to your point guard and have try to get a shot on his own.

What use to make basketball so great was that it was 5 guys on the court moving in sink to get good shots.

A lot of this is trying to run an NBA style offense, which is what kids want to do today. I absolutely hate it. Purdue is way more fun to watch, except I hate Purdue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

We are outshooting them 43 - 32%. All we have to do is stay in the vicinity of their 3 pt shooters and we win going away. Make a few of the missed bunnies and get out of this one with the W. 

I'm trying to stuff about 40 stocking stuffers for an event tomorrow and me yelling at Malik, Jordan, Race, others....missing short shot after short shot isn't making me in the Christmas spirit.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Against a better team, I think Trayce would be out there... We're missing a couple of pretty key pieces, but when we got down 7, I thought we showed some grit...

Perimeter defense still needs to step up, but all things considered, I'll take what we have so far...

They have some shooters... 

That is all they have so they need to stop helping off the shooters

• Like 1

I tried to pay attention to our "cuts". First off there were only 1 or 2 of them all half.  And the ones that were made were made in 1st or 2nd gear. Kopp was the only one who made a cut with any speed, and it wasn't great.

IMO until we start moving without the ball we're going to continue to dig ourselves into a hole and stay on the struggle bus.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Seems like a Purdue plug....which never materializes.