Iowa Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, I think they have been playing the 4/1 with Race out to a point...And I think a lot of people on here with much more Xs and Os knowledge than I have think Race needs to take the 3 shot when he gets it,,,And I agree...He just seems more effective when he gets it in rhythm and shoots it...First hesitation, pass it off...

I think playing all 5 out with Trayce on the floor not only takes away probably our best scoring option, but takes away some second chance buckets as well...

I saw 2 teams, Michigan and Penn State, do a little of both 4/1 (both) and 5 out (PSU) last night...Makes for some interesting basketball...Penn State would play 5 out and have Jalen Pickett back his man down and score...and he's only 6'4...But he's really good at it...Not sure we have that on our roster...Yet

And Michigan has the athletes I think Woody would love to have...6'5-6'8 guys that have length and can shoot it...Dickinson is pretty good in that offense too...Can't afford to leave Jett Howard, Bufkin, or Joey Baker on the perimeter, so Hunter doesn't get doubled like Trayce does...

Gotcha.   Hopefully we drill some early threes and force them not to double. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I haven’t read all of the posts but am I the only one who is worried that we haven’t played a game at all in 13 days while Iowa has played two BIG games in the last week or so?

Legit concern. Plus Iowa has dropped 3 in a row? I’m thinking they are hungry for a dub and start the game with high energy. Better keep Kris Murray in check.

• Like 2