The CFP games…

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I don’t see it….but it’s college football…weirder things have happened I suppose.

Last 3 games they scored 16v Kentucky, beat a middling Georgia Tech, and gave up 30 to LSU. Bennett was a joke of a Heisman  finalist. Georgia will not have seen a set of receivers like they will tonight.

I detest OSU but am a B1G guy first and foremost. Also want to see the likes of Paul Finebaum shut up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

😒 Yeah….sure. That would be the biggest upset in CFP history.

OSU is anywhere from 4.5 to 5.5 dogs. That would be the biggest upset ever?

The BIG is 4-0 as of now in this year's bowl games, and somehow Michigan losing a game where the yards have been pretty even all game makes the conference "exposed"? I'm not sure if you've got an axe to grind somewhere or have just started hitting the bubbly early, but I think you're a little tough on the conference. As it has been most years, the conference is probably the 2nd best.

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

The BIG is 4-0 as of now in this year's bowl games, and somehow Michigan losing a game where the yards have been pretty even all game makes the conference "exposed"? I'm not sure if you've got an axe to grind somewhere or have just started hitting the bubbly early, but I think you're a little tough on the conference. As it has been most years, the conference is probably the 2nd best.

All that matters is the top of the ticket. TCU is a huge dog…and they have pushed Michigan around imo. Plenty of time with Michigan big play ability but they haven’t been able to line up and run the ball against them.

2 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Also if that over turned TD was called right it would be a 4 point game. UM had been inside the 5  twice and came away with no points.

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Last 3 games they scored 16v Kentucky, beat a middling Georgia Tech, and gave up 30 to LSU. Bennett was a joke of a Heisman  finalist. Georgia will not have seen a set of receivers like they will tonight.

I detest OSU but am a B1G guy first and foremost. Also want to see the likes of Paul Finebaum shut up.

I want B1G to win but I’m not an idiot. Georgia is a much better team. Georgia was up like 20-30 pts the whole game against LSU…that wasn’t a ball game….it was over at half….hard to keep that energy up the whole game. They could come out flat sure…but OSU secondary is suspect at best.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All that matters is the top of the ticket. TCU is a huge dog…and they have pushed Michigan around imo. Plenty of time with Michigan big play ability but they haven’t been able to line up and run the ball against them.

No, I can't agree with that. You were trying to say that the conference was exposed in a way that meant future teams shouldn't make the playoffs. One team losing one game(or two, if you want to write OSU off) can't possibly do that. If the whole conference was losing, then maybe. If even one team was being thoroughly outplayed, I guess you could make the argument. But, one team is losing a game where they are still doing a lot of things well. That does not send some reverberating waves through future seasons that exclude an entire conference from the playoffs.

I don't pay much attention to names here, but I'm pretty sure you're a very reasonable basketball fan, so I have to assume here you are both grinding an axe and starting tonight's festivities early. Both acceptable.

3 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

No, I can't agree with that. You were trying to say that the conference was exposed in a way that meant future teams shouldn't make the playoffs. One team losing one game(or two, if you want to write OSU off) can't possibly do that. If the whole conference was losing, then maybe. If even one team was being thoroughly outplayed, I guess you could make the argument. But, one team is losing a game where they are still doing a lot of things well. That does not send some reverberating waves through future seasons that exclude an entire conference from the playoffs.

I don't pay much attention to names here, but I'm pretty sure you're a very reasonable basketball fan, so I have to assume here you are both grinding an axe and starting tonight's festivities early. Both acceptable.

I don’t have an axe to grind. But College football is very top heavy. All that matters is the top of the ticket….that is soon changing with the expanded playoffs but in the current setup I’d have a real problem putting a second B1G in the top 4 the way we’ve faired against SEC last few years in CFP.

Edited by dgambill

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I want B1G to win but I’m not an idiot. Georgia is a much better team. Georgia was up like 20-30 pts the whole game against LSU…that wasn’t a ball game….it was over at half….hard to keep that energy up the whole game. They could come out flat sure…but OSU secondary is suspect at best.

I’ll take Stroud over Bennett 10 times out of 10