The CFP games…

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wow UM let a lot of time off the clock with no timeouts. 

Also I still don't think you should be allowed to push the runner to get a first down.

I've joined dgambill in the early celebration, so I'm not sure which play you are talking about, but TCU's last 3rd down play was ruled in bounds because the ball carrier was stopped, so you can't move him out. That's probably the right rule. I'm not sure why the same doesn't apply if it works to the offense's favor.

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

I've joined dgambill in the early celebration, so I'm not sure which play you are talking about, but TCU's last 3rd down play was ruled in bounds because the ball carrier was stopped, so you can't move him out. That's probably the right rule. I'm not sure why the same doesn't apply if it works to the offense's favor.

On a QB sneak you shouldn't be allowed to have a player from behind push the runner forward

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Only started seeing that in the last 15-20 years. I just don't think you should have big OL being allowed to get behind a RB in a pile  and push the pile forward.

For an old school guy you have to be kidding me….what do you think they used to do 70-100 years ago?

Just now, dgambill said:

For an old school guy you have to be kidding me….what do you think they used to do 70-100 years ago?

Well I saw Walter Payton jumping over line for TD's at the goal line.  I don't remember lineman doing this and the first time I saw it was the USC and ND game when Leinhart pushed Reggie Bush in for a TD

Congrats to TCU. Max Duggan Returns....not the movie. PS. I'm not a conference honk. Michigan was outplayed, out toughed, out whatever you want to call it. Now we need Georgia to save us from the ultimate college football death star not named Notre Dame for backing into a title.....again. 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

No.  That was a  legal forward pass.  The first on the play.  

Maybe it is in the NFL but after the Kenny Stabler play against SD where he fumbled forward and Billy Casper kept bobbling the ball until he got in the end zone. I thought you couldn't lateral the ball forward but was wrong 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is in the NFL but after the Kenny Stabler play against SD where he fumbled forward and Billy Casper kept bobbling the ball until he got in the end zone. I thought you couldn't lateral the ball forward but was wrong 

Dave Casper...Billy played on the PGA Tour.

• Like 1