2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Hopefully, this lights a fire under TJD tonight! Don’t necessarily disagree with a few of the assessments (bc I do think we’re soft, why XJ is important) but you don’t send stuff like that to these kids. End of the day, as passionate as we all are, they are kids/young adults and this is just a game. 

Haven't these players claimed in past interviews that their goal is to win the Big 10? Why can't that be motivation enough?  I'm so tired of reading about how they learned from a loss, or will be motivated by whatever. They have to know that, historically, IU is a top program and will get the other teams best shot.  They haven't played in forever so that alone should have them fired up and ready to go.  I don't see other teams consistently come out flat. I suspect it has more to do with a failure of the coaches than young kids thinking it's just a game.

I hate any fan disrespecting a player…who has done nothing to instigate 

Hunter Dick, Brad SOB or even Ivey who flexed & celebrated 73 times a game….are certainly asking for it 

The sit down chant at Purdue or Sloppy 2nds chant at IU are not proud moments for most adult alumni 

29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Haven't these players claimed in past interviews that their goal is to win the Big 10? Why can't that be motivation enough?  I'm so tired of reading about how they learned from a loss, or will be motivated by whatever. They have to know that, historically, IU is a top program and will get the other teams best shot.  They haven't played in forever so that alone should have them fired up and ready to go.  I don't see other teams consistently come out flat. I suspect it has more to do with a failure of the coaches than young kids thinking it's just a game.

I don't think we got any teams best shot, so far. No team has shot out of their mind against us or had some off the wall performance to beat us. 

You guys and this history stuff though. Man.  We're a very average program right now with tremendous resources and recruiting base. 

I don't see, outside of Purdue and ILL (weirdly)... that we are marked with a red X on anyone's calendars. We could get back to that point, but currently?.. we're middle of the pack at best just with a tall ceiling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I don’t disagree with most of your post. Motivation should already be there, but I’ll take any extra motivation somebody wants to give when going on the road. 

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

“The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win.Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win. preparing to win is where the determination that you will win, is made. Once the game or test or project is underway, it is too late to prepare to win. The actual game, test or projetc is just the end of a long process of getting ready, in which the outcome was really determined. So if you want to win, you must want to prepare to win. Once you prepare to win, winning is almost anti climatic." - Bobby Knight

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

“The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win.Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win. preparing to win is where the determination that you will win, is made. Once the game or test or project is underway, it is too late to prepare to win. The actual game, test or projetc is just the end of a long process of getting ready, in which the outcome was really determined. So if you want to win, you must want to prepare to win. Once you prepare to win, winning is almost anti climatic." - Bobby Knight

You mean dancing during pregame warmups doesn’t count as preparing to win?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

One of my all time fav quotes.