Iowa Post Game Thread

KDB

Really big bummer. I definitely think some bad breaks changed the outcome, but at the end of the day you can’t go the last four minutes without making a field goal and expect to win.

I don’t get what we were trying to do once Race got hurt. We left JG on Murray way too long. That’s on Woody.

I think it was @kyhoosier29talking about the volume of threes and how teams could still torch us, and tonight showed that. 8/15 is great, but I’d rather go 13/30. 

• Like 5

Seems to me that we actually came out to kick Iowa's @$$ -- best start of the year imo.  Then we got way up and seemed to lose our edge.  Then Iowa plays well, presses and fights back into it and we have that familiar, tentative attitude.  Losing Race was big - on a really dirty play in my opinion by diving at a guy's legs.  Hope he can come back.  We'll need to play better defense to make any real noise.  On to the next, with a lot to prove.

1 minute ago, 94hoosier said:

Not sure how that was foul on JHS. He did reach but elbow came up and hit him first. Not sure how you review and call it a basketball play. Elbow raised and extended is not a basketball play

When was the last time Big officials were worth a darn?  Nothing surprises me anymore.  I expect garbage.

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Really big bummer. I definitely think some bad breaks changed the outcome, but at the end of the day you can’t go the last four minutes without making a field goal and expect to win.

I don’t get what we were trying to do once Race got hurt. We left JG on Murray way too long. That’s on Woody.

I think it was @kyhoosier29talking about the volume of threes and how teams could still torch us, and tonight showed that. 8/15 is great, but I’d rather go 13/30. 

Well Iowa only hit 1 shot in the last 5 minutes

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

We just can’t trust Malik at this point and Geronimo for meaningful minutes. We now have no room for foul trouble. If TJD or JHS need to sit even for 2 minutes then get used to holding your breath. 

After the past 10 to 20 years, I think we have the "holding your breath" thing down pat.   😕

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I thought Kopp was pretty good. 

I had to click and see which (holding back words) poster click confused instead of engaging in conversation and if you wouldn't know it was Mr 1970-93 himself.  How you don't appreciate effort, defense, and scrapping to draw 3 jump balls in one game.  Did you watch Scott?  Gee whiz. Sure maybe shoot the freaking ball lore but what more would you ask from Miller Kopp the human?

• Like 3