Iowa Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

I had to click and see which (holding back words) poster click confused instead of engaging in conversation and if you wouldn't know it was Mr 1970-93 himself.  How you don't appreciate effort, defense, and scrapping to draw 3 jump balls in one game.  Did you watch Scott?  Gee whiz. Sure maybe shoot the freaking ball lore but what more would you ask from Miller Kopp the human?

OK I was unhappy with Kopp on the offensive end because he constantly caught the ball and was open but didn't take the shot. He hesitates and then drives and he isn't good driving the ball . He is there to shoot open 3's and he needs to do that.

• Like 4

I really don’t understand the play call with about 16 seconds left. TJD has already fouled out their biggest defender inside, instead of getting him a touch and taking advantage of an inevitable double or letting him work inside, JHS drives with significant time left and Murray has a relatively easy block from the weak side. I certainly hope there was more drawn up for  that play. 

in other news, I can’t stand the entire McCaffrey clan. 

• Like 5

Ok gang. I say this as someone who took free tickets after Sampson era during Crean first 3 years. Watched probably 20 games at AH for free. Would watch every single game beginning to end without failure.

When Race went down I actually had to turn it off. I know. I know.....in the words of Harvey Updyke with Bama maybe I got a bit much IU in me. Just fricking sick about that injury. I'm just at a loss. Not about the game. It's a road loss in the Big 10. I know we were up by 20,etc...but that isn't the thing. We are now down 2 bullets of our 6 shooter and I'm just pissed. Only way this season was derailed is happening.

So I say this. Whatever voodoo crap you believe in. Whatever strategy you have to enlist. Start it. 

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I had to click and see which (holding back words) poster click confused instead of engaging in conversation and if you wouldn't know it was Mr 1970-93 himself.  How you don't appreciate effort, defense, and scrapping to draw 3 jump balls in one game.  Did you watch Scott?  Gee whiz. Sure maybe shoot the freaking ball lore but what more would you ask from Miller Kopp the human?

100% 

That performance from Kopp can absolutely win games. Same with 2 of the others... and christ Race was really good until the injury. 

First, hoping the best for Race. His reaction was telling. It's likely to be bad and he may be done.

TJD's back is more important than the loss. If this is ongoing IU is finished. You can't lose two starters in X and Race and have an ailing TJD out there struggling. That's asking too much.

CMW has to fight harder and work the refs better. You had one player completely taken out from behind and there's no foul called. You can't let that go. Another gets hit in the face with an elbow and he's called for the foul? The other team's coach goes to your bench jawing. No T? Your player throws ball to ref and gets a T? CMW, fight harder. This is absolute crap.

if Race is done and/or TJD's back will be an issue from here out, it's  time to consider changing up the focus. Play the young guys, let JHS take the lead and build around him, and prepare for the conf tourney. That's the most likely path to the big dance, as slim as it is.

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

OK I was unhappy with Kopp on the offensive end because he constantly caught the ball and was open but didn't take the shot. He hesitates and then drives and he isn't good driving the ball . He is there to shoot open 3's and he needs to do that.

I agree with that but he is always locked in defensively.   Maybe the only guy on the team always locked in defensively.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxnJxn said:

I really don’t understand the play call with about 16 seconds left. TJD has already fouled out their biggest defender inside, instead of getting him a touch and taking advantage of an inevitable double or letting him work inside, JHS drives with significant time left and Murray has a relatively easy block from the weak side. I certainly hope there was more drawn up for  that play. 

in other news, I can’t stand the entire McCaffrey clan. 

JHS was clobbered on the shot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We do, but this never should have been a close game.  When you're up 21, the lead should not ever fall below 10-12.  

And it probably doesn’t without the injury to Race.

I hate to pin the loss on one guy, because we still could have won, but Jordan Geronimo played one of the worst games I have ever seen. 

• Like 3

1. The fact that Fran was not t’d up for trying to fight our bench is an embarrassment.

2. I think our defense officially is not very good.

3. If Race is out for a significant amount of time, we need to adjust expectations. If we came into the year without X and Race, we would not have been big ten contenders.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Geronimo  was 4 of 6 before being  taken out, had a few nice defensive plays at the rim too.  Did you actually watch?

Obviously you just watched one end when it comes to Geronimo  because he killed us on defense and for stat geeks he was a minus 18 when he was on the court