Iowa Post Game Thread

KDB

8 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

This!

If you watch it. Coach Ya tells Fran to "back is a$$ up".

The ref then untually calls a tech on Ya. That's what the signal was for.....then waived off.

Okay, that just makes it more bad for the refs. There is no scenario where Fran shouldn’t have a tech, now you’re just adding another missed tech. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

Same thing happened with Kennesaw St. good thing they suck. Took forever for him to stop helping on the interior. And then took forever for him to pull Race out to the top of the key. 

Rebounding is dreadful

We still can’t hit free throws

We still stand around on offense. 

perhaps I’m over-reacting in the heat of the moment. But it’s the same problems over and over again. He keeps getting out coached. CMW needs to improve. 

We ALL want to win! IT takes time! After CBK firing and Samsom!! Most my years are gone!

I watch other teams and they have players who year to year to really develop and even during the season. I see our team and I have a hard time seeing a lot of player development. It appears we have guys who regress during the season like Reneau. He started out so well and played so confident and has regressed.  Players like Geronimo hasn't really developed a lot either and seem like the same player as last year. Galloway had a chance late andissed a couple of easy shots.  One was the floater and he just short armed it and missed a wide open 3.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

I watch other teams and they have players who year to year to really develop and even during the season. I see our team and I have a hard time seeing a lot of player development. It appears we have guys who regress during the season like Reneau. He started out so well and played so confident and has regressed.  Players like Geronimo hasn't really developed a lot either and seem like the same player as last year. Galloway had a chance late andissed a couple of easy shots.  One was the floater and he just short armed it and missed a wide open 3.

Great point. TJD and Race haven’t progressed at all.

JHS hasn’t gotten better as the season has gone along. Bates is the exact same as last season.

X is(was) the same player he was at Pitt. 

• Like 5

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Can you imagine if they kept that tech on Ya with Francis infringing on IU’s space?   

Tech on Ya. No tech on Francis.  That would have been epic.  

According to Woody it was on Fran the whole time. The ref never pointed, he just turned to look at our bench and say something after he called it.

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Great point. TJD and Race haven’t progressed at all.

JHS hasn’t gotten better as the season has gone along. Bates is the exact same as last season.

X is(was) the same player he was at Pitt. 

I know you are being sarcastic and didn't say that no one has developed. Actually TJD us great but hasn't really developed anything new to his game

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Kind of got lost in the shuffle at the end of the game, but am I the only one who thought Galloway may have been in the act when he got fouled?

He had definitely gathered the ball when contact was made and the whistle came as he was releasing it. 

It was close really could have gone either way. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Kind of got lost in the shuffle at the end of the game, but am I the only one who thought Galloway may have been in the act when he got fouled?

He had definitely gathered the ball when contact was made and the whistle came as he was releasing it. 

Its the big 10 officials. How dare you question them. 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Only time will tell, Coach wants players that can get to the NBA. But also honor IU  PREVIOUS TEAM MEMBERS! Go IU!!

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I agree with this. I feel like if this season goes South.. I think Woodson just completely rips the band aid off and brings in his own guys. I think some of those guys will be fan favorites but… It seems like since Yogi’s SR year every player brought in hit their ceiling by middle of Sophomore year. Outside of Bates and Kopp I can’t say who really improved. Reneau started well and then just hit a freshmen wall kinda like DeRon Davis did. This team is cursed. 

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Did you read what I was responding to? 

Just making sure. That take was over the top. I will say Woody needs to figure out some stuff when the tide turns (in the game). But the main issue this year much like previous seasons are the injuries to key players. I think some are discounting X's toughness and attitude he brings to this team. He brings an edge to the team that has and had been missing. Not sure if he's ever coming back, but they need him. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cbp4IU said:

I agree with this. I feel like if this season goes South.. I think Woodson just completely rips the band aid off and brings in his own guys. I think some of those guys will be fan favorites but… It seems like since Yogi’s SR year every player brought in hit their ceiling by middle of Sophomore year. Outside of Bates and Kopp I can’t say who really improved. Reneau started well and then just hit a freshmen wall kinda like DeRon Davis did. This team is cursed. 

If XJ and Race are out for most of the year then I don't see how this season will end up being what we thought it would be.