HSN Playoff Fantasy Football Draft Thread

5fouls

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was trying to hold out to make Purdy Mr. Irrelevant, since he really was.  But, since you weren't making a pick, I figured you must have wanted the honor.

Meh I just hadn't gotten around to it and was pretty on the fence between Etienne and Saquon. Thought the Jags were a little more likely to win some games than the Giants though so went with Etienne. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Go Bengals!

I'm upset with you.

My draft strategy was 2 Niners, who I think will represent the NFC, and then 1 Bengal and 1 Chief, who I think will play for the AFC title.

So, you copied me with the two Niners, to take away that advantage from me.  But then,  you doubled down on the Bengals, which means, in all likelihood, for me to win this contest, I probably need the Chiefs to beat the Bengals.  

I'm not rooting against the Bengals.  So, I now hope I lose and you win.

I'm upset with you.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm upset with you.

My draft strategy was 2 Niners, who I think will represent the NFC, and then 1 Bengal and 1 Chief, who I think will play for the AFC title.

So, you copied me with the two Niners, to take away that advantage from me.  But then,  you doubled down on the Bengals, which means, in all likelihood, for me to win this contest, I probably need the Chiefs to beat the Bengals.  

I'm not rooting against the Bengals.  So, I now hope I lose and you win.

I'm upset with you.

I came close to selecting Pacheco instead of Mixon.  Me and you were/are thinking the same way...scary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

QB - J. Herbert- 9th in qb points, with no wr's all year.

RB - T. Pollard- 8th in rb points

WR - J. Jeffesrson- 1st in wr points

Flex-DeVonta Smith- 9th in wr points

Hoping to see all 4 in the 2nd round.

I like the guys you picked but I have no faith in the Chargers, Cowboys, or Vikings as teams.

It was a tough decision between who you think is getting the most games and best players.

For instance, I don’t think CeeDee gets more than two games but I can also see him going for 30 in each of those. I calculated that as likely better than a guy like Aiyuk who may get four games.

I’d have probably taken Dak over Purdy because of that if I didn’t have Hurts.

Obviously if Burrow or Allen gets four games, that’s a nearly insurmountable thing for everyone else to overcome  if they don’t though, they probably weren’t worth the first rounder over Mahomes and maybe Hurts  

Fun exercise, will be interesting to see how everything shakes out. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I like the guys you picked but I have no faith in the Chargers, Cowboys, or Vikings as teams.

The Cowboys could win the NFC because of their Defense. Chargers are a different team with all their players back. Vikings are the worst 13 win team ever, but should beat the Giants.I dont think the 49ers with Purdy will make a run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It was a tough decision between who you think is getting the most games and best players.

For instance, I don’t think CeeDee gets more than two games but I can also see him going for 30 in each of those. I calculated that as likely better than a guy like Aiyuk who may get four games.

Obviously if Burrow or Allen gets four games, that’s a nearly insurmountable thing for everyone else to overcome  if they don’t though, they probably weren’t worth the first rounder over Mahomes and maybe Hurts  

I too picked guys I thought could get me at least 2 good weeks. If I get lucky more from 1 or 2. I went with Jefferson over someone like G.Davis because Jefferson can have 40 points in a loss while Davis can get you 40 in 4 weeks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

In our HSN league scorng, Purdy pretty much averaged 20 a game.  I figured if he gets 4 games and Dak only gets 2, Dak would need to average 40 to equal Purdy.  I feel good about that. 

If Dak gets 3, then it becomes a little tougher decision.

But, my whole strategy was based on 2 Niners.  I was originally considering Kittle, but Rico took him before I got the chance.

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The Cowboys could win the NFC because of their Defense. Chargers are a different team with all their players back. Vikings are the worst 13 win team ever, but should beat the Giants.I dont think the 49ers with Purdy will make a run.

I honestly will be very surprised if the Niners DONT win the NFC.  Purdy actually gives the more than Jimmy G.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In our HSN league scorng, Purdy pretty much averaged 20 a game.  I figured if he gets 4 games and Dak only gets 2, Dak would need to average 40 to equal Purdy.  I feel good about that. 

If Dak gets 3, then it becomes a little tougher decision.

But, my whole strategy was based on 2 Niners.  I was originally considering Kittle, but Rico took him before I got the chance.

I warned you that I had been getting up early!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly will be very surprised if the Niners DONT win the NFC.  Purdy actually gives the more than Jimmy G.

They're playing very good football, but I want to see Purdy do it against an elite defense and/or in a shootout. He's had a pretty easy setup so far, and has taken full advantage. 

• Like 2