Somebody needs to get the team off social media

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And I'm glad Trayce posted the letter from that idiot Tim Weaver... Just to show the sane part of our fan base the crap they have to put up with from losers...and if you look up "loser" in the dictionary, Weaver's picture would be in there...

I had interactions with "Laffy" from around the time RMK got fired through Tom Crean's early years. An out of work telemarketer that literally could not lead a pack of ants to a picnic... Yet he's questioning the leadership of a kid who's busted his hump for 4 years in our program... F*** Tim Weaver...

The only thing that concerned me is when Miller says "you wouldn't say it to our faces."

Of course they wouldn't... You're 6'7 225 lbs and have been in a strength and conditioning program for 6 or more years... The people you're posting to get winded taking a shit...

Sorry mods, but this reaction to absolutely nothing has, in the current vernacular, "triggered me." 🤬

Some folks are talking about a letter shared by TJD I’m assuming. I agree that’s bs. Just the same, the player lashing out or stooping to that level is what I’m talking about. It’s not but if it were up to me they would ride the pine until the decided what was more important to them. Their scholly or making a fool on social media. It doesn’t reflect well on the program going forward.

40 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And I'm glad Trayce posted the letter from that idiot Tim Weaver... Just to show the sane part of our fan base the crap they have to put up with from losers...and if you look up "loser" in the dictionary, Weaver's picture would be in there...

I had interactions with "Laffy" from around the time RMK got fired through Tom Crean's early years. An out of work telemarketer that literally could not lead a pack of ants to a picnic... Yet he's questioning the leadership of a kid who's busted his hump for 4 years in our program... F*** Tim Weaver...

The only thing that concerned me is when Miller says "you wouldn't say it to our faces."

Of course they wouldn't... You're 6'7 225 lbs and have been in a strength and conditioning program for 6 or more years... The people you're posting to get winded taking a shit...

Sorry mods, but this reaction to absolutely nothing has, in the current vernacular, "triggered me." 🤬

Tim Weaver is "Laffy"?

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Some folks are talking about a letter shared by TJD I’m assuming. I agree that’s bs. Just the same, the player lashing out or stooping to that level is what I’m talking about. It’s not but if it were up to me they would ride the pine until the decided what was more important to them. Their scholly or making a fool on social media. It doesn’t reflect well on the program going forward.

It has no reflection on the school or program at all...

They took umbrage at people who really don't have much skin in the game poking fun at the people who do... If someone disparaged you and whatever it is you do for a living in a public forum, I'm sure you wouldn't like it so much either...

I'd imagine the stress of being a D1 athlete needs an outlet... I have no issue whatsoever with it...

And as I said, if people think dancing in pregames or posting on social media is what's losing basketball games for IU, I think that's wayyyy misguided... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm an old fossil and dont have Instagram.  I did see the separate thread and responded there.

I'm most disappointed in th he fact it was upperclassmen that took the bait.

Not the correct way to be a leader.

We have no leaders!! Just another one of our MANY problems…..

Further evidence of how soft we are!! If the players don’t like it...fix it!! It’s a dog eat dog world regardless of who it offends!! Get thicker skin boys!!

Edited by Huntnfreak

Man, the reaction here can just be so removed from reality. The players banded together and stuck up for themselves and their teammates - posters here think that because they did that they won't have time to shoot free throws? If you think some of our guys' comments were a little childish, it's hard to argue with that, but I've seen far worse here. I've perhaps engaged in far worse here. 

I have no problem with people attacking players at a place like this, and if the players choose to come here and read our thoughts, that's on them. But, to say something directed to them is out of bounds and I'm glad to see the guys come together to go after people who do that sort of thing.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And as I said, if people think dancing in pregames or posting on social media is what's losing basketball games for IU, I think that's wayyyy misguided... 

I’ve stayed out of this “dancing in pregame “ discussion, but have you heard any of Don Fischer’s interviews with Jim Coyle in the last few weeks?  On at least two occasions he has tactfully called out the team for the way they act in pregame.  He specifically mentioned the game that the poster here attended and posted about. He has questioned their focus because of some of the same reasons others have posted on here. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but Fisch calling that out gives the idea some credibility. 

I certainly agree there are more issues at play than just that though. We are all probably guilty at times of look for the one issue that needs fixed to turn things around when there are multiple things that need addressed. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

What's weak is fans who think it's okay to impugn the character and integrity of college kids because they had the audacity to lose a game fans wanted them to win.

Then get off social media.. it comes with the territory of playing at a place like IU.. your not going to make the criticism stop.. don’t lose to Northwestern at home 

• Like 4

I’m gonna tie this in with a comment I made in the NIL thread. Just like I hope there becomes some contingencies on keeping $$ based on quality of play, I hope there are some rules built in based on behavior. 
These guys are now raking in quite a bit of money and there needs to be some kind of repercussions for what are now essentially employees of the university 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’ve stayed out of this “dancing in pregame “ discussion, but have you heard any of Don Fischer’s interviews with Jim Coyle in the last few weeks?  On at least two occasions he has tactfully called out the team for the way they act in pregame.  He specifically mentioned the game that the poster here attended and posted about. He has questioned their focus because of some of the same reasons others have posted on here. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but Fisch calling that out gives the idea some credibility. 

I certainly agree there are more issues at play than just that though. We are all probably guilty at times of look for the one issue that needs fixed to turn things around when there are multiple things that need addressed. 

Evans called it out in that link above too.  He said the half court shot stuff before the game is NBA stuff and he didn't seem real cool with it either...he particularly brought up the free throw woes and how maybe that time was better spent practicing that as opposed to throwing up half court shots.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

It has no reflection on the school or program at all...

They took umbrage at people who really don't have much skin in the game poking fun at the people who do... If someone disparaged you and whatever it is you do for a living in a public forum, I'm sure you wouldn't like it so much either...

I'd imagine the stress of being a D1 athlete needs an outlet... I have no issue whatsoever with it...

Oh it absolutely reflects upon the the University, the program as well as the NIL sponsors to which they are the face of. They have to conduct themselves on a respectable level so as to not tarnish the brands they represent.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Woodson get this program under control… incredibly stupid.. after you lose to Northwestern at home I wouldn’t be getting on social media replying to anything.. TJD started this mess

I'm not sure TJD would have posted it except he was supporting the McCaffery kid.  I don't like them responding to idiots but I'm sure the frustration level is high, especially from XJ and Race, since they're unable to play. I didn't see anything from the younger guys, which is encouraging, I guess. I hope the team can get it together but I'm not optimistic.

I'm gonna jump outta this thread before I get myself banned...

But...

I'm a fan just like y'all are... I get frustrated just like you do... But, as Coach Woodson would say, "at the end of the day" the only thing sweating when I watch IU play is a beer bottle...

I don't go to classes, workouts, practices, tutoring sessions... None of that... I sit a in a nice comfy Lazy Boy and bitch about the game on HSN... 

And that's fine... I'm not big on calling out players, but there's room for criticism...and I'd bet if people did it in a respectful and responsible manner, the players wouldn't care one bit...they know when they don't play well...

And to those if you who think losing a game means more to you than it does them...

😂😂😂

• Like 7

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Somebody should get our fans off social media. 

No doubt some of this fan base is an embarrassment. If an outcome of game makes you so miserable may e you need to find something else to do with your time. 95%of the fans are great and what helps make IU great. It is the other 5% that people see and hear from and they need to go away.  If this keeps up and recruits see this on visits and they see how some of our fans react they might have second thoughts.

Edited by IU Scott