Penn State Game Thread

KoB2011

3 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Going to piss off some! But for my mind you Contact Beard! Give him the job!!! I know !  I want to win!! Tired of lack of any IQ from players. Still like CMW! But to get back to the 70's-2001 get a NASTY COACH!

Yeah don't think thats happening.

I know that they’ve had 8 different guys missing multiple games, and haven’t been able to have any consistency with rotations etc., but…. they’re still very poor when it comes to free throws, perimeter defense, and decision making with the ball. They lack effort, energy and enthusiasm. They get lost entirely too often on defense and I seriously can’t see where any adjustments are being made. I’m not hating on Woody, but this is a direct reflection of coaching. I think it’s easy to recruit kids to IU, but it’s becoming difficult to see any sort of identity. 

• Like 4

Just now, Inequality said:

Shrewsberry year 2. Sean MIller year 1. Arizona etc...  = cursed IU

Yep.  A good coach would have his team making substantial improvement by now.  Loved Mike as a player and he seems like a cool guy but this garbage is all too familiar.  My feeling is he needs to do whatever necessary to put a much better team on the court next year or be shown the door.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am done with Woodson because he has s so stubborn and won't change anything. Why know Duncomb and Banks. Won't be surprised with a mass exodus after the seats.  This team has given up or tuned out the coaches because what we are seeing is a disgrace.  Some of these guys don't deserve to wear an IU uniform with this effort we have seen lately 

Just now, Indykev said:

Yeah don't think thats happening.

Thats why we sit where we are BOTTOM FEEDER!       Sorry I like the nice guy coach! But were suck when we get them! I Thought CMW was the answer but last few games? Get nasty and win? Or stay NICE?

1 minute ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Yep.  A good coach would have his team making substantial improvement by now.  Loved Mike as a player and he seems like a cool guy but this garbage is all too familiar.  My feeling is he needs to do whatever necessary to put a much better team on the court next year or be shown the door.

It is becoming clear that we will need a massive talent upgrade to overcome coaching deficiencies

• Like 1

There hasn’t been a coach since Knight that holds these kids accountable for crappy play, lackadaisical effort, turnovers, etc.  They are allowed to make the same mistakes over and over again with no consequences.  Fire Woodson, Dolson and Allen and get some serious people who know what they are doing.  It is maddening !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, loviubb said:

Thats why we sit where we are BOTTOM FEEDER!       Sorry I like the nice guy coach! But were suck when we get them! I Thought CMW was the answer but last few games? Get nasty and win? Or stay NICE?

You can't hire Beard with what he has done. There are other coaches out there that can do as much as Beard and not have a criminal record. Also rumors is he is an alcoholic as well 

• Like 3

• KDB locked this topic