Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I really don't think it's like that... Yet...

I just want people to be fair about it. I think you're one of the prime examples of a fan who just after an ass kicking like we took in Happy Valley has their judgement clouded by emotions. After you think about it later, you simmer down some.

I believe in fairness. Trotting out half truths and outright lies to prop up a position to me is unconscionable...

Some nobody over on BtownBanners says Coach Woodson is lazy and none of the players listen to him and next thing you know, it's gospel even over here...

That's not right... And I'll say my thoughts on it every time...

Simple as that... 

I think CMW's vision of IU basketball is different than a good portion of the fanbase. I would be shocked if he changes his approach in any meaningful way. He simply doesn't have the players right now to make it work, especially down two important starters. However, he has to show the style of play to attract the type of player he wants. If you listen to recruit interviews style of play is always at the top of their list. None of the top players are going to a program that restricts their ability to play "their" game.

• Like 1

So even though I'm not a Goodman fan, I think he's right here... And I think Hummel's right as well...

During the Penn State game, Stephen Bardo said Indiana defenders HAD to make Penn State put it on the floor and rely on the interior help... Coach Woodson said that WAS the plan, but it just wasn't executed...

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I honestly don't know...I'm just saying there are two sides to the sword...

I agree with that...I'm just not sure that's what's happening...As I said to @BGleas, I do wish we'd get away from thinking Trayce needs a touch on every possession...

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like you are fighting a great battle on an island by yourself just like the end of the Archie era 

He's not alone

image.png.e0766b2747c92a9174677a51454b3969.png

9 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You can't compare something that's as readily obvious as your 2 plane scenario to something as subjective as evaluating the play of a D1 player...If you noticed two planes landing on a runway before I did, I should never work traffic again...

But I'm glad you brought that up...

I once had a NAS engineer stand behind me and watch me work traffic...When I got out of position, he said, "Didn't look that hard."

Now this is a guy I liked and respected, and is still one of the smartest people I know...But I told him, "until YOU are the one talking to the airplanes, you don't have any earthly idea." And that's the truth...

Just like WE don't know how difficult it is to be a D1 one player...The dedication, the physical and mental stress, dealing with school, social life...We really don't have any idea...

And in the game, you have to understand that they're playing at a level and pace that none of us can even fathom...The decisions have to be instantaneous...You have to rely on your instincts and EXPERIENCE to excel...

I know they get benefits from playing IU basketball...When you're in the top 2% of basketball playes in the US, that's deserved...And it's another thing they have to manage...Christ, you gave me JHS NIL money at 19 for playing basketball, I'd have probably made Babe Ruth look like Mother Teresa...

All I'm asking is for us to be fair...

Totally unrelated, but I just HAVE to chime in. Just because..

I have landed with 2 planes landing on the same runway. 😁 Sun and fun ATC is an absolute blast to listen to. 8237W, land on the orange dot, not before, not after, ON the orange dot! Roger that ma'am.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Totally unrelated, but I just HAVE to chime in. Just because..

I have landed with 2 planes landing on the same runway. 😁 Sun and fun ATC is an absolute blast to listen to. 8237W, land on the orange dot, not before, not after, ON the orange dot! Roger that ma'am.    

I was gonna say it happened all the time at Eglin... 2 F-15s in formation...

The most fun thing I did working air traffic was split up a flight of 4 for individual recovery... That takes some thinking 🙂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1