Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Third game in a row giving up north of 80 points. 

Even in the dreaded pack line days, we never had that

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

We weren’t even playing the pack line. I don’t think. Maybe a couple of the guys were. But then Woodson doesn’t know what the pack line is, so… 

That defense we were "playing" tonight is what Woodson calls the "unemployment line."  

• Haha 3

I’m going to make a lot of people mad but hard truths.

#1 with the Transfer portal no reason to have multiple 3/4 year developmental guys on your team. If Duccomb and Leal aren’t gonna play then time for them to go elsewhere. You can get better and more experience talent for 1/2 years. No need for any more Prillers

#2 if your rotations aren’t working… Why not try different players.

#3 this team might need a 4/5 transfer portal kids next year to stay a float.

#4 anyone else getting worried Trayce may pack it in at some point and start focusing on his on health/future if this slide continues. 

#5 If this team finishes below .500 that might be the most underwhelming team in the last 2 decades. 

#6 IU very good for at least 1 long losing streaks history has shown that the last 8 years +

#7 Woodson might need to start locating a top tier in game coaching assistant coach or his life at Indiana may be short lived. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I never bought into the smear job that came out of the athletic department 

I believe I said when it happened but I think it’s becoming clear Woodson wanted yes men and Fife wasn’t that. Matta likely falls under that category as well even though his Butler team is struggling right now he still knows a great deal about winning college basketball games.

2 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

#1 with the Transfer portal no reason to have multiple 3/4 year developmental guys on your team. If Duccomb and Leal aren’t gonna play then time for them to go elsewhere. You can get better and more experience talent for 1/2 years. No need for any more Prillers

#4 anyone else getting worried Trayce may pack it in at some point and start focusing on his on health/future if this slide continues. 

#5 If this team finishes below .500 that might be the most underwhelming team in the last 2 decades. 

#6 IU very good for at least 1 long losing streaks history has shown that the last 8 years +

#7 Woodson might need to start locating a top tier in game coaching assistant coach or his life at Indiana may be short lived. 

All good points…#7 is very needed…but would Woodson listen? He should, he needs help coaching…don’t know if he will though.

3 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

7 ain’t happening 

We always seem to bring out the best in our opponents. Tired of seeing the other teams have the “want” in them more than we do. Our effort usually seems so pathetic. Coach Woodson probably thought he’d be invincible coming from the NBA all those years, but he’s being shown often that he still has plenty of learning to do. 

Same stuff. Different year. No leadership. Just a bunch of coddled players who've always been told how good they are. And this coaching staff does nothing but play to that sentiment. Want an example? Blaming a poor defensive showing on missing two players. Is it true? Somewhat. Were we the more talented team? Absolutely. But as a coach, I would NEVER go out and give excuses like that after a clearly lackluster effort. Weakness.

But hey, we've got NIL deals for all these guys. We are "cutting edge" in that department. It does nothing for the win column, but oh well.

We are how many years into this "rebuild", and we are still talking about effort.

Edited by ephul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Are you talking overall or jus in conference.  I suppose they could hang on and finish .500 or slightly above overall.  But, if this team finishes above .500 in conference, then @bluegrassIUwill run naked down the streets of West Lafayette.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

I thought of #4 earlier today. With the gimpy back and this season going nowhere, TJD should shut it down and get healthy for draft workouts 

• Haha 1