Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Beat Wiscy Saturday, Illinois next Thursday who has zero match for TJD, Same with Sparty, easy road win at Minny, and home game win vs Ohio St and an easy road win vs Maryland. I have us at 7-4 when Purdue comes knocking. PS. Save this post. It will happen. 

I’m going to wake up tomorrow looking like a 25 year old Brad Pitt, win $1 billion in the lottery, accumulate a harem of 100 beautiful women, grow wings and gills and split my time sitting on a cloud and living underwater. Save this post

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’m going to wake up tomorrow looking like a 25 year old Brad Pitt, win $1 billion in the lottery, accumulate a harem of 100 beautiful women, grow wings and gills and split my time sitting on a cloud and living underwater. Save this post

Speaking frankly, that would mean my harem got smaller.  

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Don't discount yourself.....but watch what happens gang. I've seen this act before. Something just triggers with a team and it happens. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't discount yourself.....but watch what happens gang. I've seen this act before. Something just triggers with a team and it happens. 

Hope you're right. I am sure we'll fix our troubles against Wisconsin, that game always goes so well for us. 

In alls seriousness, as bad as things seem, the season isn't over and I'm certainly willing to accept this is an incomplete data point for Year 2. So far though, it doesn't look good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So what triggers them? Who gets triggered? Our two vocal leaders are injured and can’t step foot on the floor. Sorry. While we probably will make better games of those contests nothing is changing. Kids don’t suddenly acquire bbiq over night. They don’t suddenly learn how to play defense over night. Honestly I’m not even sure our coaches know how to put together a scouting report the way we close out….over helping…rushing out on non shooters to let them drive…slow closing or leaving lethal shooters…taking poor angles to feed the post…taking bad shots…I mean we are playing good basketball teams…we can’t even pass basketball 101…and we are suppose to win B1G ball games? Not happening on a regular basis. Sure we may catch fire shooting for a game but we will revert right back because we have lost our identity….without XJ and Race we are lost.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So what triggers them? Who gets triggered? Our two vocal leaders are injured and can’t step foot on the floor. Sorry. While we probably will make better games of those contests nothing is changing. Kids don’t suddenly acquire bbiq over night. They don’t suddenly learn how to play defense over night. Honestly I’m not even sure our coaches know how to put together a scouting report the way we close out….over helping…rushing out on non shooters to let them drive…slow closing or leaving lethal shooters…taking poor angles to feed the post…taking bad shots…I mean we are playing good basketball teams…we can’t even pass basketball 101…and we are suppose to win B1G ball games? Not happening on a regular basis. Sure we may catch fire shooting for a game but we will revert right back because we have lost our identity….without XJ and Race we are lost.

......without XJ and Race we are lost. Never truer words spoken. Is what it is. 

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agree with everything except calling Race a vocal leader.

We are lost.

We have lost our identity. 

We have become the Northwestern/Wisconsin/Nebraska from the past. 

No one fears playing us anymore.

Sigh…

• Like 2

Things would be better with Race and X no doubt, but how much? I think we still would have issues guarding the 3.  X would keep his guy in front of him, but what about everyone else.  They'd still over-help and close out late. We may win against Iowa and Northwestern, but we lose this one. Also, we got handled at Rutgers with both X and Race healthy.

• Like 1