Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Major problem is not having a former college HC on your staff. We got three guys who are better recruiting than actually coaching and developing players.

Are they really all that great at recruiting?  I like Cupps and Newton but really seemed like they came early and we hit a wall after that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If you truly had a good defensive game plan, after seeing them hit some threes, you could call time out and make in-game adjustments to re-focus the players.  Instead, it’s like they had the opposite game plan of what it should have been.  

And this shouldn’t surprise anybody. 

this team doesn’t look coached. Has everybody in the program called it a season already? Sure looks that way. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DWB said:

Woody said in one of his early pressers (maybe even the first one where he was announced as coach) that if he couldn't get it done, he's resign, and not wait to be fired.

Guess we'll see how honorable he really is.

Honestly, if that were to happen, I think we should look at Shrewsberry. (Or however you spell it). 

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Third game in a row giving up north of 80 points. 

Even in the dreaded pack line days, we never had that

All I see is the Pack line. Woody's D is no different than Archie's with the exception of we grab more now because we get beat all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this post duplicates an earlier one, i just watched it, recorded. I was thinking JG was playing better defence, when i saw him turning in a circle while desperately looking for his man! His man was standing on the three point line. He looked like he was eating a big mac, fininshed his sandwich caught a pass and canned a three!  Miller Kopp couldn't guard a fence post!

4 hours ago, loviubb said:

I said it in game thread Contact Beard! We need a NASTY Coach!!  What he did or didn't do can be addressed in contract! If IU is serious about where we belong in MBB it time to do something about it!! CRK was a NASTY COACH!!

I have said it more for the football team but maybe it’s gonna apply to basketball two after these last few bad hires.  Need to take a risk on a proven college winner with a bad record.  It would never happen but I would bring in someone like Briles for football and Beard a great choice for basketball.  He is in a much better position than Briles as Bears was never convicted and can be spun as too fast a fire without allowing due diligence to play out.  IU is gonna have to remove the piety and be willing to get. A little dirty if they want to win.  If not we will more than likely keep seeing what we are seeing.

• Like 2

I've been thinking about the Woody vs Fife deal. I noticed last year Fife was nowhere near Woody on the bench. If i was a betting man, i think Fife probably told Woody he was stupid!!! So Woody fied him instead of listening to Fife.  I was hoping they would go with Fife for the head job to start with!  I say bring Fife to IU!

• Like 1

I admit I did not watch tonight's game cause after Northwestern I just have lost hope in this season. Also it's because I have a 3 month old and a 3 year old that won't stop watching Lol dolls. At least I can get some enjoyment seeing my daughter happy while I curse under my breath at whomever invented those dolls. They need to die a death by 1000 razor blade cuts. Haha. Only partially joking. I honestly think at this point it is a mental mindset that has been engrained in the players and unfortunately it keeps being passed along with each new class coming in. It started with Archie and has stuck. I really do hope they make me eat crow. Also if we are starting the fire Woody talks already I am wondering if we can give Kelvin Sampson a call for the job. Maybe it will break the curse. It was our self imposed sanctions from him over a few extra phone calls which are not even illegal now that got us in this mess. Albeit I didn't care for the shennanigans going on with the players. Maybe we have a similar curse like the Red Soxs being cursed after trading Babe Ruth. 

Not much to say at this point other than the we look lost, clueless, rudderless, and mentally weak. Neither Woodson nor any of the original supporting cast among players appear to have the mental toughness to take on the B1G season when they can't sneak up on opponents anymore.

Why does seemingly everyone in the conference effectively leverage the 3-point shot but us? Certainly we have some guys whose forte should be precisely their shooting from deep. (D)efense w/ 80 points surrendered 3 straight against mediocre comp is pitiful. Flat out playing/competing like a bunch of losers right now.

Don't see how we push back on the implosion with Wiscy rolling in, but that's the level it would take. Looking for the Badger domination to continue and our anguish and embarrassment to fester. 

• Like 2