Wisconsin Post Game Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Esigan hit one that I swear, he jumped first, received the pass in mid air, released the shot, nothing but net.

Hard to guard that quick of a shot release.

I just looked at the stats.  Essegian was 4-13 in FGs...3-7 from 3.  Seemed like he didn't miss.

• Like 1

I was driving today, so I listened to a majority of the game. When I turned it on Wisconsin had cut it to 45-35. My heart sank a bit, but the grit remained on the floor. It was a glimpse of what we watched early in the year. If the talk of getting Race back in a couple of weeks is true, and this effort continues, we may not be a lost cause after all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

They said both 3 and 4 hours.  they said 3 when they were having real discussion about it.  But, one of them said 4 hours in a joking manner.  

Yes, it was 3 hours practice. JW then said (in essence) if 3 hours provided this, then maybe 4 hours would be even better. argggh (not at you of course).  

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What a great defensive effort for the whole game and great adjustment by CMW in the second half on offense. Wonder where the intensity went the last few games and we need to play like this every game.

I thought Woodson made a good D adjustment. We didn’t over help early in drives. Let them go and meet them at the rim instead of free throw line. Also seemed to trap some of the dribble hand off and play them tighter instead of going way under and allowing ball handlers to go quick on the drive

• Like 1

We really needed that. We’ve got more games we can win with this type of effort coming up - I don’t expect to win them all, but play this hard and tread water until the Calvary arrives and we should be okay.

Absolutely loved JG, that’s the role he’s gotta play for us. So happy for him after a very rough stretch.

It looked like some level of relief and joy from TJD down the stretch as we put the game out of reach and he just went on a dunk fest. I really loved that.

3 hour mid January practices aren’t the norm, but props to the staff because they got some type of message across.

Complete game on defense and great second half on offense. I’m willing to say the first half on offense was some type of adjusting to playing with the needed intensity on defense because they calmed down at halftime. This win was as fun as any under Woodson. 

• Like 8