Wisconsin Post Game Thread

KDB

22 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Pretty hilarious…Btownbanners changed their “Fire Coach Woodson” thread to just, “Coach Woodson”. SMH 

In fairness to them, about this time yesterday, the guy that started that thread said he did it in a rage and after reading it he was thinking of changing the title to criticize Mike Woodson.  So it wasn't just because of todays game.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Our bench guards were a combined 0-8 from the field, with 1 rebound.  

They combined for 31 minutes.  Esegian played 33

Advantage today to Esegian.

I agreed he was their "brightest" spot. But his team scored 45pts, it wasn't much of an advantage. 🤷‍♂️

If Tamar Bates went 4-13 and we lost by 18 on the road, there isn't anyone that would mention how well he played. 

And that wasn't the point I was trying to make anyway. This staff had to tell CJ Gunn to get lost in order to recruit/have room for CE. That clearly wasn't going to happen. 

Plus Connor was smart in identifying UW as somewhere he could play immediately. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 4

Just now, btownqb said:

I agreed he was their "brightest" spot. But his team scored 45pts. 🤷‍♂️

If Tamar Bates went 4-13 and we lost by 18 on the road, there isn't anyone that would mention how well he played. 

And that wasn't the point I was trying to make anyway. This staff had to tell CJ Gunn to get lost in order to recruit/have room for CE. That clearly wasn't going to happen. 

Esegian definitely made the best choice for him as a player. And, my assessment of his play wasn't looking at 4-13.  I'm looking at 11 rebounds, confidence, and general court awareness.  He's going to be a very good 4 year player of the Badgers.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Esegian definitely made the best choice for him as a player. And, my assessment of his play wasn't looking at 4-13.  I'm looking at 11 rebounds, confidence, and general court awareness.  He's going to be a very good 4 year player of the Badgers.  

Yes. Good player. He struggled against our defense and length. 

He should get in the portal and we can scoop him up. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agreed he was their "brightest" spot. But his team scored 45pts, it wasn't much of an advantage. 🤷‍♂️

This all day long. Look gang....I get our love for the state kids but Essegian isn't some giant miss by our staff or any staff the same way Luke Goode wasn't some miss when he chose Illinois. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If he lasts 4 years there.  

• Like 1

Just caught up. Very satisfied with the intensity of our defense. Happy about the win.

I gotta give a shout out to our fan base though. Geronimo had a good game but wasn’t necessarily setting the world on fire. When he was called to bench for a rest, he got a nice round of applause from the crowd. Just kind of a warm, fuzzy moment because you know Geronimo needed that after his struggles lately. 

Great effort Geronimo, not a lot of  guys would be able to step back from that. That is some grit. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't do twitter.  Is this a real journalist, or a disgruntled fan?  

She's dialed in. Hoosier Project is I believe the arm that works with others online to get families tickets who don't have the $ to go. She does great work but she's not some casual fan just tweeting....