Illinois Pregame Thread

IUFLA

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

It's more about the space it creates. 

Yeah, I'm all for guys face guarding Kopp so he can't get open. I like our odds playing 4 on 4 with TJD and JHS out there, that's a very tough defensive assignment for the other four guys.

Generally speaking, that type of defense might work in high school or lower levels of college, but D1 and NBA are too good to guard you that way. 

• Like 2

Funny, we beat Wisconsi by 20 and the headline is Miller Kopp not getting enough shots. 

Geesh

Offense has not been among our top 4 orn5 issues this season. It seems like some manufactured drama here by the media and social media.

Trayce was dunking balls of badger heads all day. But lord have mercy, run something for Miller.  

If they start doubling off Miller, he will be ready. No need to force it.

• Like 7

Illinois poster says:

God, the IU boards are funny. What a bitter, has-been group of people. image.gif.4e2ba730c57c330f4cdb9478d979624a.gif I have literally never talked to a soul who has been to the fake Assembly Hall and to State Farm Center and preferred Bloomington ... weird, outdated arena with no good seats and what "character" it has is mostly forced down our throats by old TV announcers who were in their prime when Indiana was actually good. Additionally, the crapping on Champaign as a city is hilarious ... Bloomington is a tiny, boring town with a small stretch of nice campus running through it. Champaign, for good and bad, is an actual metro area with legitimate dining and bar options, both in Campustown, Downtown and even Urbana.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Illinois poster says:

God, the IU boards are funny. What a bitter, has-been group of people. image.gif.4e2ba730c57c330f4cdb9478d979624a.gif I have literally never talked to a soul who has been to the fake Assembly Hall and to State Farm Center and preferred Bloomington ... weird, outdated arena with no good seats and what "character" it has is mostly forced down our throats by old TV announcers who were in their prime when Indiana was actually good. Additionally, the crapping on Champaign as a city is hilarious ... Bloomington is a tiny, boring town with a small stretch of nice campus running through it. Champaign, for good and bad, is an actual metro area with legitimate dining and bar options, both in Campustown, Downtown and even Urbana.

With all that they still can't win!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Illinois poster says:

When your only interactions are with other delusional Illinois fans, that's the way you think...

They don't understand that greatness doesn't have an expiration date...

And Champaign is the second biggest sh*thole in the Big 10 (we all know what town takes home the prize)... 

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Illinois poster says:

Here's an unbiased source on that.... 

I'd personally but Bloomington over Columbus in terms of being a college town, but either way, no real comparison at all between Champaign and Bloomington.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seriously,...."Assemblee Areenuh" (lol), in Champaign, is going to be CRAZY loud Thursday night! I just couldn't consciously type in Assembly Hall for them. There's only ONE ASSEMBLY HALL. 😉

The players and fans are waiting with baited breath! This game has been circled since Eric Gordon switched to IU and not to mention, falling to IU last year in the BIGTEN tourney. If we show up like we did vs. Wisconsin, I think things will officially be clicking and locked in. I think when X and Race come back, we could be looking pretty scary. Go IU!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Seriously,...."Assemblee Areenuh" (lol), in Champaign, is going to be CRAZY loud Thursday night! I just couldn't consciously type in Assembly Hall for them. There's only ONE ASSEMBLY HALL. 😉

The players and fans are waiting with baited breath! This game has been circled since Eric Gordon switched to IU and not to mention, falling to IU last year in the BIGTEN tourney. If we show up like we did vs. Wisconsin, I think things will officially be clicking and locked in. I think when X and Race come back, we could be looking pretty scary. Go IU!

You're correct there's only one now. State Farm Center will be packed indeed though. Hopefully tonight as well for the women's game.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That's what I thought too, but @BruceDouglas thinks Kopp can't guard Mayer...

Any particular reason you think Kopp/Mayer is a better matchup for us? 

Well to be fair I don't think Kopp can guard anyone.... 😂

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

You're correct there's only one now. State Farm Center will be packed indeed though. Hopefully tonight as well for the women's game.

Well to be fair I don't think Kopp can guard anyone.... 😂

Kopp is a good team defender...I think Mike Woodson's word on that would be more valuable than some of the opinions rendered here... 

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

The players and fans are waiting with bated breath! This game has been circled since Eric Gordon switched to IU and not to mention, falling to IU last year in the BIGTEN tourney. If we show up like we did vs. Wisconsin, I think things will officially be clicking and locked in. I think when X and Race come back, we could be looking pretty scary. Go IU!

I used to work with an Illinois grad who always said, “the real Assembly Hall”. As annoying as that was, it may have been his most favorable personality trait. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, rico said:

Illinois poster says:

Champaign is a sh*t hole.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Here's an unbiased source on that.... 

I'd personally but Bloomington over Columbus in terms of being a college town, but either way, no real comparison at all between Champaign and Bloomington.... 

Madison is way overrated.  I had to spend 3 weeks there once for work training and it was when I was fresh out of Bloomington.  It has a lake that is frozen half the year, outside of that...meh.

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Madison is way overrated.  I had to spend 3 weeks there once for work training and it was when I was fresh out of Bloomington.  It has a lake that is frozen half the year, outside of that...meh.

Yeah but Wisky always wins the ice fishing world championships! Their ice hole drilling skills are top notch! 

• Haha 1