Illinois Pregame Thread

IUFLA

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Madison is way overrated.  I had to spend 3 weeks there once for work training and it was when I was fresh out of Bloomington.  It has a lake that is frozen half the year, outside of that...meh.

Sorry, but taking off the crimson colored glasses…I lived in Madison for 7 years and @Madison22can attest as well that Madison is much more than “meh.” State Street is a 3/4 mile pedestrian only stretch of bars, restaurants and retail shops that makes having a great time both easy and safe. Madison actually has 2 lakes that are embraced year round by residents. Lots more to the city than just campus and downtown, and you really can’t get a good feel in 3 weeks. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sorry, but taking off the crimson colored glasses…I lived in Madison for 7 years and @Madison22can attest as well that Madison is much more than “meh.” State Street is a 3/4 mile pedestrian only stretch of bars, restaurants and retail shops that makes having a great time both easy and safe. Madison actually has 2 lakes that are embraced year round by residents. Lots more to the city than just campus and downtown, and you really can’t get a good feel in 3 weeks. 

I agree. I love Bloomington but I’d never argue with someone putting Madison or Ann Arbor above it. 

• Like 2

I spent a week in State College. As much as PSU disgusts me it was a pretty awesome place and my favorite non IU campus. I almost liked it better than Bloomington.

My wife is from 40 minutes east of Champaign. I've had to visit that dump heap more than I can count. I'd probably rather live on the downwind side of west lafayette.

As far as that arseface calling it the fake assembly hall, well IUs first assembly hall dates back to the early 1900's.  State Farm Center looks like it came off of a Jetsons storyboard. 

Edited by mrflynn03

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree. I love Bloomington but I’d never argue with someone putting Madison or Ann Arbor above it. 

Weather, and what that allows the girls to wear, gives Bloomington a huge advantage over Madison and Ann Arbor. Mid Jan and I saw many girls in shorts last weekend. 

I would rank Madison the next best town. Great April - Oct. Go Mallards! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Weather, and what that allows the girls to wear, gives Bloomington a huge advantage over Madison and Ann Arbor. Mid Jan and I saw many girls in shorts last weekend. 

I remember when I first moved to Georgia, I thought the same as you about the weather allowing girls to adjust their wardrobe! Unfortunately living in rural Georgia, I soon found myself wishing they would put more clothes on!

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Got the visual.

Ever been in Madison for a football weekend. I say weekend especially when the Packers are playing at home. Party from Thursday afternoon to Sunday night 

Illinois has beaten #5 UCLA and #7 Texas on a neutral floor in  November early December. Then they were smashed by Penn St. on their home floor. Now they are on a 4 game win streak with two of those being on the road at Nebraska (76-50) and at Minnesota (78-60).

Not expecting a win but would be nice to see IU compete hard.

• Like 4

Two things Indiana has suffered from in losses Illinois does not rank well at. Illinois is ranked #231 in 3-point percentage, #302 in free throw percentage. While they don't make a high percentage of 3s they attempt the 31st most per game. They also are limited in the paint as they are ranked #264 in 2 point field goals attempted. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Two things Indiana has suffered from in losses Illinois does not rank well at. Illinois is ranked #231 in 3-point percentage, #302 in free throw percentage. While they don't make a high percentage of 3s they attempt the 31st most per game. They also are limited in the paint as they are ranked #264 in 2 point field goals attempted. 

Please run this by @IU Scottso he can figure out the analytics 

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Hopefully you guys get Courtney so he’s not in Minneapolis. 

Columbus is an ugly ass city

West Lafayette is an ugly ass college town

Bloomington is virtual perfection for a major university.

Edit.  Meant to quote your other post.  No back to back posts allowed.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1