Illinois Post Game Thread

KDB

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My wife doesn't like timeouts one bit....she thinks it shows weakness. First time I ever heard her say I get the 4-0 timeout.

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree with her.  

I’ll admit I didn’t like the timeout. Felt like a waste of one less than 2 minutes in the game. But hey, we went on a 12-0 run and never looked back, so I’ll gladly eat crow.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Missed the first half, and got home as the second half was starting. I was pleasantly surprised by what I watched. After the recent lapse, I am ecstatic to see this level of focus, toughness, and commitment on both ends of the floor. I saw a level of leadership in and from TJD that I have been hoping that we would see. 

They hit two sloppy 3s late in the half.. helped their score at the half, immensely. 

Gotta give a lot of credit to the team for righting the ship and winning two big games.  Have to say I didn’t expect them to turn it around given the last six seasons of basketball we’ve watched.  That’s good coaching by Woodson.

On the other hand, who gave Underwood the bright idea not to double or even help on TJD at all?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I don’t know what the heck Woodson said to him in that long practice but holy crap JG has made me eat my words.

Yeah, I thought of him being another Hanner or Tijan where the light switch never came on. Guess CMW pulled the chain a little harder!

• Like 1

I knew we could win with similar defensive intensity as the Wiscy game, but didn’t think we would. Dumbfounded that Underwood didn’t double TJD, but not surprised by his ineptitude. Massive game by TJD. Impressed with the last two games from Woody. This team could have easily quit, but they’ve come out and fought the last two. The next one is another must win. Let’s get on a roll for once just in time for XJ and RT to come back. 

• Like 4