Illinois Post Game Thread

KDB

9 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I'm not sure that he is totally wrong here. TJD's play opened up some points for JG and TG, but then also JG and TG play opened up some of the 35 for TJD. I think we call that "the team was clicking". 

You have to make our guys shoot it from the perimeter, make somebody else beat us besides TJD. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I'm not sure that he is totally wrong here. TJD's play opened up some points for JG and TG, but then also JG and TG play opened up some of the 35 for TJD. I think we call that "the team was clicking". 

I agree “the team was clicking”. It took some time to figure out the chemistry but the juices are flowing now. 

• Like 1

I love these comments from Illinois fans...... Enjoy 😁

Thoroughly outcoached, outhustled, out-toughed, and outplayed.

That's all there really is to say.

I retract any comments I've ever made that TJD is overrated.

And not to be a jerk, but why is Perrin wearing 25? I thought that was reserved for Simeon guys.

Trayce truly baptized Dain tonight. Sometimes I forget he’s a freshman, but tonight he looked like one.

Learn from it, move on.

skyIdub

Some fresh crow for the "TJD is overrated" crowd.

deadcrow2.jpg

There's plenty more in the link below.....lol

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

And not to be a jerk, but why is Perrin wearing 25? I thought that was reserved for Simeon guys.

Trayce truly baptized Dain tonight. Sometimes I forget he’s a freshman, but tonight he looked like one.

Learn from it, move on.

skyIdub

deadcrow2.jpg

image.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Great win. Tremendous defensive effort. TJD was playing the game with a joystick. He’s looked healthy the past two games. Starting to see some chemistry with Geronimo. Game slowing down for JHS. Hope the wrist is OK.

This win puts us back in the hunt. Need to hold serve on Sunday. No way Izzo lets the game be that easy for TJD, but MSU doesn’t have their typical inside game. We’ll need more than 3-9 from three, though.

Need to work on the press, not dribbling into traffic and reduce the fouls. MSU won’t shoot 9-23 on FTs (shocking stat)

Will Malik Hall still be inactive is a huge question 

8 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Learn from it, move on.

skyIdub

deadcrow2.jpg

image.gif

I really like this one:

Like many of you, the lack of double teaming or even trying a few hard fouls on TJ-D was beyond belief. I seem to recall when Kofi was unstoppable one-on-one, our opponents would triple team him and hack him to death. EVERY OPPONENT. Yes TJ-D is a top flight passer and free throw shooter, but it is possible to rattle him. Even him. Time and again TJ-D would spin by Dain and everybody else, ESPECIALLY Hawkins, would back off like they were afraid of getting electrocuted by Trayce's super powers. Bad coaching (no adjustment) and soft (apparently impossible to embarrass or piss off) players on the court.

• Like 2

Loved the way IU dominated this road victory without 2 starters! Always a little extra sweet since I spent most of my life living in Southern Illinois and catching a lot of crap from Illwhini fans. TJD was awesome, and the rest filled in very nicely.

While I don’t love Coach Woodson’s offense, you can’t argue with it tonight since Illinois didn’t want to double. Made it a pretty simple and easy offensive strategy lol. 

Love the intensity we are seeing on defense, which hopefully shows the players that they can win almost any game playing that way. If we can get a healthy X and Race back in time for the post season, this time right now will only help the Hoosiers!! 

Re Malik Hall's availability...

From Jan 17th

“I've tried to stay out of the medical side of it, but I do believe that he has a chance to play,” Izzo said. “Is it in a week? I doubt it. Is it in two weeks? Maybe. Is it in three weeks? Possibly. And then you restart the whole process of getting him back and getting him in.”

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, southsidehoosier said:

What was his “19 days in a row” comment about 

I think NCAA rules concerning practice time between games...

His "Matt was sick" comment, I thought, yeah, well...I'd be sick too if Miller Kopp hung a donut on me (even though according to some, he can't guard anybody)...:D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I think NCAA rules concerning practice time between games...

His "Matt was sick" comment, I thought, yeah, well...I'd be sick too if Miller Kopp hung a donut on me (even though according to some, he can't guard anybody)...:D 

Have you reached out to your favorite Illini fan to offer condolences?

watching the game... after TJDs clear block that they called a foul on..... XJ for sure "reacts". He does, he then turns directly to the bench and sits down... which is exactly what he should do. XJ didn't make it any more demonstrative than any other player does. 

The official then goes TO HIM, literally walks 10ft OUT OF HIS WAY.... to get into XJs face, and then Ts him up, while XJ is sitting on the bench, in a F'ing boot. 

Unbelievable lol 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1